Sign in to follow this  
Guest GW Norris

No response to earlier post, at least give a "go to ####"

Guest GW Norris

Hello Support:I posted a question about the LDG ALT display on the PFD that will not go away, also a warning of the same on the EICAS. All Pressurization systems on AUTO as manual states. Still does not dissappear. No response to that. Also only the 2 main exits open on any of the three models I purchased. tried all the known door commands.My aircraft.cfg file only shows 2 exits in the Exits section of the cfg file. Other complex add-ons (well known), have all exits listed in the cfg file and also have a Folding Wing section. T7, at least mine only shows an Exit section and 2 exits listed.It would be nice if you could respond to simple question with either a "go to H###" my problem isn't important enough, or an answer to a legitimate problem.This is the 6th PSS product I've purchased and have always had good support, expecially from John, over the past 5 yrs. but it seems you pay more attention to posters who flame the product or flame the support.I can usually figure out most problems by myself or by reading the manual or searching the forum. just post a sample of a known good aircraft.cfg file with the appropriate section that deals with the exits and that should get me started. It seems that with 8 doors on the model, there should be 8 exits listed in the .cfg file or a seperate section for the cargo and misc doors in the folding wing section. Please clarify.As for the LDG ALT display and warning, Whats up with that system??Any response, even a bad one, would be appreciatedthanksGary

Guest Phoenix_7

it's kinda hard to keep up with all the messages and confirm what is a problem vs what is user errorI will give this a check and report backJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest GW Norris

Thanks, John. I know your busy with all the messages and with the release and all. I appreciate any efforts to solve my problems. You've always went above and beyond to give good support. Haven't even had a chanch to do a regular flight with CDU, flight plan,etc. yet. Trying to make sure everything is working with just manually flying circuits and ILS appraoches. Noticed a post about the LRF Cargo textures for the containers and the interiors and wanted to check mine out to see if mine had the problem and couldn't get the doors to open. Anyway, thanks for looking into it for me.I have some questions regarding the Load Sheet and the weight figures in the .cfg file also, but I'll get to that later. thanks againGary

Guest GW Norris

JohnOk, that answers that one, No I haven't done a regular flight yet, I have the tutorial, but have not done it yetGary

Guest GW Norris

JohnI know your checking on the Door issue I mentioned in my Post, I have to head off the work, will check back later to see if you have a solution or can tell me what should be in my .cfg file regarding exits/ folding wings, etc.I will try the tutorial, but am not sure the load and CG will be correct ( with no load editor ) and reading about the problems with unstable flight. My load sheet figures and .cfg file figures for ZFW don't match. maybe it dosen't matter, probably dosen't if the load sheet figures aren't imported into the .cfg file or the CDU.what are your thoughts on that??Gary

Guest GW Norris

JohnThanks John for the help, I couldn't get Shift+E,2 to work so I reassigned the Select Exit in FS9 commands to Ctrl+Shift+U and the main exits open (All) then after they open, I hit the 2 key and the Cargo doors (All) open. Looks like my cargo container textures look Ok and the interior looks OK to. So I guess I'm good to go try that tutorial flight.I'll let you know if I find any anomolies.Gary

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.