Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Auto Speed Breaks

Hi alljust wondering what happened to Speed Breaks ARMED memo in EICAS, when speed break lever is armed during landing the ARMED memo not displayed.Is it a Bug or just one new feature of B777-200LR?.Ali Al-Anaya

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Guest aarskringspier

>Hi all>just wondering what happened to Speed Breaks ARMED memo in>EICAS, when speed break lever is armed during landing the>ARMED memo not displayed.>>Is it a Bug or just one new feature of B777-200LR?.>>Ali Al-Anaya Ive never seen that on any aircraft; I know there is a message on the 737NG but not on the EICAS

the real B-777 got a SPEED BREAKS ARMED EICAS memo when lever is moved to arm position.Ali Al-Anaya

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Guest glen.lewis

Failure of a single or multiple spoiler pairs cause the EICAS advisory message SPOILERS to display.The EICAS memo message SPEEDBRAKE ARMED is displayed when the speedbrake lever is armed. On the ground when either reverse thrust lever is moved to the reverse idle detent, the speedbrakes automatically extend. The speedbrake lever does not need to be in the ARMED position. The EICAS message SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED is displayed only if speedbrakes are extended when flaps are in the landing position, radio altitude is between 15 feet and 800 feet, or the thrust lever is not closed.The following messages can also be displayed, under certain conditions via the EICAS Message Field:AUTO SPEEDBRAKEA fault is detected in the automatic speedbrake system.CONFIG SPOILERSSpeedbrake lever is not DOWN when either engine

Very well explained, thank you very much.but my question was: where is the SPEED BRAKES ARMED memo EICAS message when we arm the lever?It is not displayed my friend.ThanksAli Al-Anaya

Ali A.

Guest glen.lewis

Well aware of your question, just pointing out the correct conditions for the various speedbrake/spoiler message notification via EICAS. You covered that the message was not present. It's just another thing PSS missed & hopefully it will be addressed in the upcoming patch(s).

Is PSS taking note of this thread?I did not see any thing pointing to SPEED BRAKES EICAS planed fix in the sticky post.Thanks.Ali Al-Anaya

Ali A.

Guest NormanB

Whilst we dont reply to every thread, we do note valid points and, where possible, impliment.

Guest Pilot53

So any chance it will be fixed?

Guest NormanB

Sir,Im tiring of looking up your name each time I reply to your posts. Please sign with your name, it can't be too hard. As per my previous post "where possible, impliment." - I think thats clear enough.Regards,

>As per my previous post "where possible, impliment." - I think>thats clear enough.the eicas was working Ok in B777 for FS2000/2002, and I think it should be easier to get it working for a more advanced FS2004.best regrds.Ali Al-Anaya

Ali A.

Guest NormanB

The only thing the previous 777 model and this one share is the name. The guys who do are working to get things patched soonest.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.