Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

Well, I'm happy!!

Just completed my very first flight in this bird. A total of 9.5 hours from KSFO-EGLL and everything went fine. The only things I noticed were already mentioned. The TCAS issue on Vatsim, and the departure runway still listed on the INIT page more than half-way into the flight. After parking at EGLL, I was able to program the CDU for another flight to EDDF. No problems selecting the departure or arrival runways. While I was parked, I couldn't clear the Autothrottle or Autopilot disconnect messages on the Eicas but they cleared when re-engaged for the second flight.If it helps anyone I'm currently using FSUIPC 3.48, and have never used 3.5. When I install PSS aircraft I always uncheck the FSUIPC option. My flight sim always loads a cold cessna at my home airport. I position to a departure airport, turn on the batteries and avionics, then load whatever plane I want to fly.So my thanks to PSS for this plane. I sure would like to see a load manager for it.. but overall, it's a nice change from the "other" twin engine wide body that we all love so much. ;-) cheers! Rob:-beerchug

Rob Simmons

Guest devere

I echo Rob's sentiments entirely. I made my first proving flight from London Gatwick (EGKK) to St Mawgan in Cornwall England (EGDG) last night and had great fun. Altho there are a few problems with the "bobbing" etc I'm sure PSS will sort them out soon. At my age I love the "learning curve" as I was getting a bit complacent driving "buses" all day, can't wait for the 757!Regards DD

Guest vilius1

I'm also having a great time with 700-200LR Wordliner, making short MCP flights with 30% of fuel :-) I know that when I start using FMC, I usually get bored very quickly... :-) I am based in Vilnius EYVI, Lithuania, and we have a thick mist continuing for several days already, which has disrupted flight schedules entirely... You can see in the screenshots below what Vilnius airport is like on a "fair weather" day and in real current conditions, with FSMeteo active. Well, Departures terminal can be barely seen, but Wordliner nearly larger than airport building itself! You may also see Lithuanian airlines bus in authentic colors. :-)Vilnius airport typically receives 737s, but it also has seen 747s and C-17 Globemasters. The runway length being 2620 m (8596 ft), those heavies had to take off with lighter fuel loads. The same is true for 777 :-) High quality charts for Vilnius airport may be downloaded at http://www.lt-vacc.org.My favorite short destinations are Stockholm Arlanda ESSA, Tallinn Ulemiste EETN, Helsinki Vantaa EFHK and Copenhagen Kastrup EKCH. All of them have nice add-on sceneries.Vilius

Guest devere

Just completed my second proving flight from St Mawgan (EGDG) to Vilnius (EYVI), few minor problems ie ETZ's all over the place in the FMC and a bit of bobbing but nothing too major. Landed in 0 vis on rway 20 using Eleka 2F (great charts BTW). Great fun.Bit of a pain loading flight data, ie weights CG etc but all part of the process I suppose, a Load Editor wouldn't go amiss. Using FSNAV and Flightkeeper as well as ActiveSky, frame rates a bit on the low side but then that could be my old wreck of a PC. Pip pip. Got to get back to Gatwick from my first commercial to Bridgetown tomorrow.Thanks PSS and well done, great to back in the 777 again. Yours with a big smile.David de Vere.

Guest devere

For ETZ's read ETA's. Sorry!

Guest vilius1

I also love autoland in zero visibility :-)BTW, Vilnius scenery is available at http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1101I tried to fly ILS manually with 777 in the fog. I found it quite difficult to avoid over-correction. I usually fly with decreased sensitivities to avoid "Cessna feeling", but maybe I should reset sensitivities to default as PSS are strongly suggesting... Today I'll do my first Wordliner FMC flight from Stockholm Arlanda ESSA to Novosibirsk Tolmachevo UNNT - in the heart of Russian Siberia. By now it must be covered with snow and full of wild bears :-) [A bit off-topic, but will certainly add some fun for flying 777]BTW, ultra-superb freeware Tolmachevo scenery may be downloaded here: http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action=download&id=1961Installer will show menu options which will be in Russian!English version of Windows will show some garbage instead of text :-)No problem, the menu buttons are the following:- Readme before installation- Installation of base scenery pack- Installation of FS2002 files- Installation of static IL-86- Installation of low intensity VASI lights- Installation of high intensity VASI lights- Installation of AFCAD for FS2004- Installation of AFCAD for FS2002Obviously, you will need buttons #2, #4, #6 and #7(Counting from the top).Good luck in Siberia! :-)Take your time to program FMC carefuly - otherwise they may shoot you down :-)Vilius

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.