Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

VC lighting still an issue - help me see again!

Hi guys,OK, so I installed the 777-200LR Release Candidate when it first came out. Uninstalled it using add/remove programs but didn't manually delete any remaining files. Installed the released version and encountered the VC lighting issue.Today I have uninstalled the 777, redownloaded it and reinstalled it. I searched for and deleted what I thought were all the 777 remnants as well. my hardware lights setting is at 8.Upon reinstall and startup via the default flight the VC lighting issue remains. No cockpit lights, no external lights and no landing or taxi light showing on the gound out the front window.No addon scenery or weather.The only thing I can think of is that I'm missing a file or a line in an out of date .cfg file somewhere.Has anyone seen this issue and corrected it? If so, what exactly did you do? Any help appreciated and one free NZ beer on me to be redeemed any time. :-)Thanks for your help guys, this is my only anomaly with an otherwise great plane and I'm looking forward to that first evening long haul departure!Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

*Bump*Anyone? Phoenix: Perhaps a list of all the installed files and their install paths could be made available so we (or is it just me now?) can do a proper uninstall and reinstall. I'm loving the aircraft but without the panel flood lighting and green label illumination in the VC, the product is really only good for operation between 0800-1600. A bit limiting!ANY help appreciated!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Sorry John I interpreted that item on the list as an intent to add a dome light. My problem is that the existing available VC panel lighting (flood and green text) is inop, if that is included as an item to fix then I am satisfied and will leave you alone! :-)If not however I would like to look at options available to correct it.thanks

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest Phoenix_7

do you have rendered lights set to 8 in settings, diplay, hardware?are you setting the default flight as mentioned at the top of the forum?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

That's what I'm missing.I'm confident it's my problem and not the aircraft. But in order to fully confirm that I want to do a full and complete uninstall and reinstall. For this I would need either a full 'files installed' list or some other instruction on doing this.I know at least one other user had this issue as it was posted here but I'm not sure if it ever got resolved for them.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest Phoenix_7

here is a list of installed files, some are not removed by the un-installerAircraftPSS-B772LRPSS-B772LRFPSS-B773ERPSSB77704Effectsfx_pss_fuel_jett.fxfx_pss_Startup.fxfx_PSS_VC_light.fxGaugesFSWXR2100.gauPSS-B777.gauModulesFSUIPC.dll Pssboeing 777NavDataFSvoronoi.datWindowsFontsIRS.ttfBaloo.ttf JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks that's what I'm after John, awesome!I take it that is the installation of the release version. Did the RC installation include any other files? I want to nail those too if there are any in there causing problems.If a complete uninstall and reinstall is successful I will report back so others can follow the instruction if they're affected too.Thanks again!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

OK so it's gone from bad to worse!Having completed the reinstall and loading up on top of the default flight, (see the steps outlined in above posts) I now get about 10 seconds of cockpit time and it crashes to desktop. I get the send/don't send error to microsoft screen.I've looked at the solutions for CTD's that have been suggested so far but I've only just done these steps (reinstall open on top of default flight etc)I'm at a loss here, what next? I've downloaded and reinstalled twice now and I'm hoping I don't have to do it a third time.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest NormanB

>I'm at a loss here, what next? I've downloaded and reinstalled>twice now and I'm hoping I don't have to do it a third time.Mark,Somebody has mentioned Direct X versions in a thread over the past few days. Please ensure that you have the latest DX.

Norman, Thanks for this. I will try it out and see what happens.EDIT: Just to clarify, the MS directx website shows version 9.0C as being an August release. The october 2005 reference only seems to apply to the redistributable and the SDK. Which of these do I need?Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.