Sign in to follow this  
opherben

CDU Input Freezes FS9.1

Hello,This has repeated itself a few times: during flight, a CDU input or selection of data such as STAR, freezes FS9.1. No FS9.1 problems with other aircraft including the most complex, no 3rd party scenery nearby. -300ER loaded from the FS default flight.WINXP Pro SP2 updated, FS9.1, with and without aother add-ons (ASV, SB3), up to date PC with ample power and memory, updated drivers.Asking PSS to solve it, have completed very few flight attempts so far, thanks.

Opher,I can replicate this freeze as well. I believe it is tied to the FMC generated CF(xx) waypoint that gets put right in front of the RWY selected in the FMC. What is happening is youselect a STAR and a RWY. The CFxx gets put right in front of the runway. Most of us have approach plates so we do not need this waypoint. Upon deleting that and putting the RWY where the route disconuity is will cause this freeze. Also got this freeze by changing the altitude of the CFxx waypoint and then try deleting the altitude restriciton of it...it will freeze FS9. It can be replicated like this:-go to KORD and setup the FMC with the following route to KSFO: IOW J60 DBL J80 OAL. Input your PERF/TAKEOFF data as usual. Hit EXEC button. -now select the MOD2 arrival with the OAL transistion and RWY 19L. Hitthe EXEC buton (do not clear any ROUTE DISCONUITY's) -now since I know the waypoints for the localizer for 19L, I dont need the generated CF waypoint so delete that but DONT hit the EXEC button. -input the waypoints and altitude/speed restrictions for the localizer for 19L (SHAKE @ 2900 and ROGGE @1900). Hit the EXEC button. (do not clear any ROUTE DISCONUITY's) -now at this point FS9 might freeze up. If it doesn't continue with the following step: -you will see a ROUTE DISCONUITY between ROGGE and RW. try deleting the disconuity by selecting the Runway 19L into the scratchpad and inputting it on the route disconuity line. It will freeze up at this point with a FS restart necessary.

Eric 

Did you delete the CF generated waypoint? Also, did you try entering a hard altitude restriciton for other than the one given for the CF and then try deleting it? I keep getting a freeze.-now since I know the waypoints for the localizer for 19L, I dont need the generated CF waypoint so delete that but DONT hit the EXEC button.**Try hitting the EXEC button after this step. I believe I wrote DONT in error.

Eric 

John,Ok, I will go step by step with it again on Sunday and then fire off an email to you. I probably have something wrong in the setup I mentioned above. Thanks for your patience and again, on Sunday I will send an email your way to the address listed in your signature.

Eric 

I was having the same problem. I had the crashes when entering CDU altitude constraints for the LAX ILS 25L approach. After much frustration and trial and error I found my problem was with the FSUIPC files. Specifically, the FSUIPC reg. and cfg files in the FS/Modules folder. I renamed these two files in hopes FSUIPC would "rebuild" them fresh.I my case it worked, but no guarantees for others having this problem. I have no idea why this was a solution, but it worked so I was happy.Hopefully this helps.Nathan

what files?i have fsuipc.log .key .ini and .dll

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.