Sign in to follow this  
Guest MiguelSantos

My thoughts about PSSB77!!

Guest MiguelSantos

Good morning guys,Just my thoughts after a small but complete flight from LFPG to EHAM (Varig 8720 coming from Sao Paulo, and I'm going to make the round trip through CGD again heading to SBGR)!Think it's a plus for me:1. Model - I like it, it has a "sense" of big, power, well designed, despite the fact I can confirm if it's absolutly accurate as the real, since I never had the lucky to be near one! 2. Liveries - top notch!3. Panel in general - great feeling, the view, the handle of the bird and so on, makes me feel to be in a big bird. The MFD works great and is impressive. I love the Setup display!!! Absolutly great!! Well done!4. FMC/FMS/CDU (whatever) - Great. well design, looks great, some FS specific functions well implemented.5. Weather radar - I never worked with one, but I should say this: absolutly great, only the fact you implemented it! If it's well done or not I don't know, but it seems good to me!Reserves I have:Model - I don't like the 8 doors opening all at the same time!! But I can live with it!Panel:a) I don't know if it is like this in real, but I think the plane reacts too severe to VS changes. I have to adjust vertical descent or climb slowly on VS so I don't hear complaints from the passengers!!:( I think the panel is too "quiet"!!!! :-) I would like to hear clicks on buttons, some low "rrrrr" on knobs and so on. I know the T7 is a very recent aircraft, so I think in real that aren't noise at all, but something you hear when you press a button!!c) I don't know the real panel, I don't like very much the font on PFD. It's too bold! My eyes don't like it!!! But that's it!d) the panel zoom view, in my opinion, should be done like other developer did: adding the glare shild too, so when you activate the zoom view, you can de-activate the normal one, so the fps don't drop quite a bit!!! It's a good solution!! (and the font looks better!! :D )CDU Only one glitch: The DEP/ARR page doesn't accept to change the RWY or the procedure after you select one of them. I think this should be corrected if it's not like this in real, and I think it's not.ENGINE AUTO-START : Mixed feelings!! Tecnically it could be wrong. It could be a software bug. Normal. For me, I don't care much. I like in depth detail, but, no big deal. However, after I saw John post a message saying that you discuss it during testing, and decide that "it will not be changed", well, it was a little rude!! I'm a software developer too, but only in management, and I don't think this is too dificult to correct. If you say you didn't want to change for the release to not delay too much, fine by me, but not considering change it in the future, well...... I think you should re-think that! But again, it's not because of that I will consider differectly my overall appretiation on the aircraft.And finally, FPS!!! On my PARTICLUAR SYSTEM, it's a little bit heavy!! The other aircraft "I'm-not-going-to-mention-but-everybody-knows" performs better on my system. BUT IT'S ON MY SYSTEM!!!! I didn't tweak much the performace settings on setup display, and some ND options, but with VC it's heavy ON MY SYSTEM! But Wx radar could be something that's making the difference!!And so, in final, I like it, and it's near of what I could consider definitly a winner!! But with a patch or two, I'm sure it will be!!PSS, welcome to my hangar again, after the Airbuses!! Know I feel I need a more up-to-date Airbus series!!!! ;DCheersMiguel

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi,Another small thing I found after my second flight:- The "Autopilot Disc" message on EICAS shouldn't go out after landing? Of after turning F/D off? Because it stays on, even when I start a new flight without re-loading the aircraft!!CheersMiguel

Exactly!I'm experiencing the same problem. The red AP Disconnected message won't disappear. It's quite annoying the more so because this is such a great and enjoyable product.At the moment I find the 777 90% satisfying! Thanks PSS!All I dislike is the mentioned message plus the fact that you cannot open just the door you need for boarding. Have you EVER seen a 777 boarding with all doors open??? Cheers and thanx again,Rafal

Guest Phoenix_7

>ENGINE AUTO-START : Mixed feelings!! Tecnically it could be>wrong. It could be a software bug. Normal. For me, I don't>care much. I like in depth detail, but, no big deal. However,>after I saw John post a message saying that you discuss it>during testing, and decide that "it will not be changed",>well, it was a little rude!! I'm a software developer too, but>only in management, and I don't think this is too dificult to>correct. -how was I being rude, I was being truthfulSomeone asked if the autostart procedure would be brought up to full Boeing specs, I said no it wouldn'tAS testers we mention to the developer and programmer what we would like to see (if possible) in the project, it is up to them to decide based on time and cost what will be included. JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi John,I'm sorry if I was rude. Now, your statement makes sense. I know it's dificult to explain this things and write long messages days and days after a release. There are too many messages to look, and some should be taken in considerationm others don't.And now, I accept your explanation. In fact isn't a big deal to me. But I remember the samll setence you gave, and only with that, it seemed rude, because it seemed that in testing you realise this, but didn't want to change!! Sorry but I felt that.But that's ok. And I realize it's difficult to establish a dead line in terms of features!! Very dificult. Like the doors open all the same time, for example!! ;)An update to my experience: third flight. Two small thing to report. 1. Tried to engange TOGA to take off, but again, nothing. Manual applied! PFD showing TOGA, A/T switch armed, and right click on AT button, A/T armed switch, AP button (just in case all 3), and nothing!!Don't know why!!2. After leaving CDG, and when almost reaching cruise, get the exterior view, and.... not texture on the aircraft. Only on tail. I think it's system and FS related, because I had this before, after long FS sessions. But one strange thing, is that one of my exterior visits, it gave me an error message saying "Can

Guest MiguelSantos

Ok John thanks.This is my fault, since I'm a multi thousand hour pilot already, and many on your previous B777, that I didn't care to RTFM!!!!!! :DYou know what I mean, right?And so, I didn't learn small things but so important!!! In fact, I read it here on the forum, so..... my fault!!!Thanks againCheersMiguel

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.