Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Two stage lighting in VC?

Just a quick question, is there anyway to light up the instrument lighting (green lights) without illuminating the entire VC and glareshield? What if we want to dim the cockpit down to just instrument lighting for those long hauls through the night? Is it just the one light in the VC?Thanks in advance, loving my T7,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks John, so this would be in addition to the Dome light. In essence, I think your demanding customers (or just me) want three lights.1. Dome light for VC during Day2. Instrument lighting without glareshield lighting3. Current lighting as is with instruments and glareshield lit up.I have never flown a real T7 but based on photos I do believe the T7 has those lighting options in the real cockpit...I am not a programmer but switch the lighting now into two files, one for instruments and one for the glareshield and let them be accessed individually or together, add a dome and you got it... Simple right ;)Thanks John,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix_7

FS VC lighting is limited to what can be provided, all I can say is that it is on the list and being investigatedJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks John, I know the model I described can be done, as it has been done in the past on other models but I appreciate you considering it and investigating,Thanks in advance, thanks for the response,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Ok, So Ihave to humbly admit that Mike T is 110% correct and I should go back to RTFM. What I asked for is already there. The panel/flood light switch is actually TWO switches. The tough part is that the mouse never switches between the two. Sometimes it is tough to know what the correct click spot is as some of them seem to blend together. It divides about halfway down the switch. If you turn the top half of the lightswitch you get the orange lights on the glareshield o/h etc and the green instrument lights together... If you turn the bottom half of the same switch while those Orange lights are on nothing will happen BUT and here is the big BUT if you turn the lower half of the light switch when the orange lights are OFF, you get just the green instruments lights. I was flying KEWR-EGCC last night and "stumbled" upon it just like Mike T but it is there and it is amazing. Seeing that Cockpit all lit up in Green crossing the Atlantic in the middle of the night with the Northern Lights out of the cockpit window was one of the coolest things I have seen in FS...Great Job PSSSorry to have bothered you John, -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.