Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

FMC CDU problem with DEP/ARR view

Guest Andrea

I cannot solve a problem with FMC CDU DEP/ARR view.After having set the ORIGIN (LIML airport) and DEST (LIML airport) I select RUNWAY and SID/TRANS procedures for the departure airport and activate the route (ACTIVATE then EXEC). After this action I am not able to reach the ARR view to insert TRANS/STAR and ILS/RUNWAY for the arrival view bacause the DEP/ARR view doesn't show any longer the right side with the ARR options. In few words I cannot insert the TRANS/STAR and ILS/RUNWAY for the arrival airport.Andrea

Andrea,Bottom left key takes you to the DEP/ARR INDEX page.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Andrea

Ok, now I found the correct process to reach ARR procedures view but no TRANS/STAR and no ILS (only runways) are available for LIML (Milan Linate). It seems to be odd because I found the correct TRANS/SID and RUNWAYS in corresponding DEP view of LIML. Any suggestion/advice?Andrea

Guest Steve_Park

I had the same thing happen last night on a flight from KDFW to KORD. On departure you can select a departing runway and DP proceedure, however on arrivial, if you select a STAR and Transistion waypoint, then when you select a runway, the STAR unselect's it self. Case in point last night had BDF3 selected with BAYLI trans and when I selected Rwy 27L, BDF3 unselected. When I selected BDF3 again, Rwy 27L was unselected. BDF3 is a vector to final STAR, so it should not be runway specific. I am using AIRAC cycle 0511.Also, maybe be related to CDU programing, when selecting arrivial INT program for Flap/Approach Reference speed, the runway showing on that page is ALWAYS the departing runway, even if you have selected an arrivial runway via DEP/ARR page.Steve ParkAAL935CPA415UPS415LWA39

Guest Andrea

Many thanks Steve,but as I can easily select RUNWAY, SID and TRANSITION POINT in DEP view, I cannot find any STAR or TRANSITION POINT at all in CDU ARR view. I can find only two runways (no procedures available at all). It sounds really odd if you consider that I'm speaking about the same airport.Andrea

Guest Andrea

Sirs, there must be something wrong in the PSS B777 CDU program.I cannot select any STAR and/or TRANSITION point for LIML airport ARRIVAL, conversely have SID and/or TRANSITION list ok for DEPARTURE. It sounds really odd, expecially if you consider that LIML airport was fully covered by previous PSS aircrafts (A320/321 and A330/340).Andrea

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.