Sign in to follow this  
pilotpm

for KNOWN ISSUE - Reverse not working as it should

Hi PSS....Phoenix 7 , Norman :-) I saw the KNOWN ISSUE Tread and sorry but missingsomething here..Whats with that bothering Glidepath dive as the Planereaches and couples to Glidepath ( a lot threads here in the forum )Another i posted a Tread that at Autoland my Reverse `s notproper works as the AT button dosen`t shut down if i press F2. ;( I steated that in a thread and saw another Guy who have the same Prob.Maybe not a big Issue for you but looks like there otherpeople out there who are fighting with that anomaly.I don`t no way..........have no Probs with that at other ACor Add On - maybe you can look in that or have some tipp.PLEASE ANY SIMMERS THAT HAVE THOSE PROB ; PLEASE POST HERE !!!!As for some small ISSUS a great ADD On and SUPERB JOB PSS.CheersMario G

Guest Phoenix_7

Can you provide more details on yout intercept GS procedure, weight, flaps, speed?After touchdown with thrust a t idle, press F2, thrust goes to reverse, no probs here?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John ! :-) Can`t tell you exactly now ,what settings was at that stage off Flight as i reached the desent Point for Glide,but be shure all was in expected limits.For the Reverse , yeah that sems to be a bit tricky.Normal F2 works but not here and don`t ask me why.I don`t know.....Sometimes it works about you are reaching 60-40 knots.As i try to start the Reverse it looks like theAT button don`t wont to shut off so that the reversecan do his work.It`s sirious i now ....all other stoff is working fine and at all, i have no Probs with FS 9.1But there are some more out there with that Prob so looks something is in the corner.CheersMario G

Guest Dutch64

I did do the turorial flight and everything worked fine for me except the reverse. At touchdown I press F2 but nothing happens, AT doesn't get disconnected, i manually brake (and keep pressing F2 repeatedly) and sometimes at 40 kts or sometimes just after when i came to a complete stop, then the reverse suddenly starts working... No idea what this is.Again, the plane flies great, i don't have much problems with it but this reverse thing is weird and I cannot think about the reason...Martin

Hi Martin, :-) exactly the same here couldn`t better tell it.....Seems we two are the only one with this weird reverse Prob ??Can`t belive.....> and I cannot think about the reason...me too not - asolutly extraordinary :-hmmm CheersMario G

Guest aprfleet

In my experience, the reverse do works, but it takes a while to kick in. In fact I feel it more realistic that other Addons, since you start hearing the engines roar a few secs after applying F2, and not inmediately.

Guest Dutch64

Yes, i know what you mean, but they kick in when i'm about to taxi to the gate:) It's a bit late lolMartin

Guest aprfleet

Ok, then is working, but you need to hook it up earlier. Once the rear gear touches the ground, and the nose is still up, press and (important) hold F2. By the time the front gear touches the runway the reverses should be activating. Try it. I had worked for me flawlessly.

Guest Dutch64

Ok, guys, thanks, tomorrow i will try both methods mentioned here. I will report tomorrow if it did solve it for me, would be great:)Thanks!Martin

John,i can watch the throttles go to Idle at Land ( allways opening thepedal panel on my second monitor )so they are.I think thats not the Problem.....But don`t ask me what then ..... asolutly strange.CheersMario

John, :-) tried it but it`s not working for me.Have to look off the AT button first after that, everything works fine .Seems a little strangely.............CheersMario ;)

>Try setting the autobrake to MAX, if it is on 1, 2, or 3>reverse thrust will not work.>>v/r>>ToddNot true!I've done at least 10 landings with autobrake set to 2, reverse thrust has worked everytime???

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Dutch64

Hmmm, I'm sorry to say but it still doesn't work for me. I tried pressing F1 and than F2 but it didn't solve. AT simply doesn't get disconnected and reverse not working. I have to manually disarm AT and then at about 30-40 kts (sometimes after a complete standstill), then suddenly reverse comes alive...Getting quite desperate, everything, really everything is working fine for me, AP, handflying the plane, no problems, just this reverse thrust thing... I don't know where to look for an explanation...I doublechecked keyboard assignements, did everything mentioned in this topic, even reinstalled the whole plane, followed the turotial flight to the letter... nothing helps...Anyone?Martin...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.