Sign in to follow this  
pilotpm

for KNOWN ISSUE - Reverse not working as it should

Guest Dutch64

Ok, well, after some more trying out this evening, for me the only option which seems to work is to manually disarm the AT and after that use F2 for reverse, then it almost immediately kicks in. It's fine with me to use it like that but i really hope one day someone can tell me why it doesn't disarm as it should be :)(Not much hope because it seems only very few ppl seem to have this little problem)Martin

Guest Knikolaes

I have the same issue. The aircraft idles out, but the AT does not disengage and unless I manually disengage it I cannot activate reversers.Also the AC seems to "chase" the localizor accessively, but hand flying her in is awesome :-) Going to start hand flying her on the approaches -- better experience, but for those catagory III days a plane that doesnt chase the localizor so excessively would be nice.

Guest Knikolaes

>After touchdown with thrust a t idle, press F2, thrust goes to>reverse, no probs here?>>John>PSS SUPPORTOn mine F2 does not work -- you have to manually disengage the AT first. Once the AT is manually disengaged then F2 works great.It now works great for me to disengage the AT right when I see "Idle" on the display during flare, so I can manually reverse when I touch down.

Guest Dutch64

Same here:) Handflying goes superb, autoland is a bit nervous and sometimes it even likes to float over the runway till finally touching down...But besides these little issues, i really love the plane.Martin

Guest Knikolaes

>>Try setting the autobrake to MAX, if it is on 1, 2, or 3>>reverse thrust will not work.>>>>v/r>>>>Todd>>Not true!>>I've done at least 10 landings with autobrake set to 2,>reverse thrust has worked everytime???>>I have not tested this theory, but in real life the Autobrak has no effect on the reversers working.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye the plane is bloody awesome. I flew her across the country twice now, but only have 1 issue that effects me (no, not the reversers) -- it's an FMC lockup issue that is being discussed already in another thread. FS freezing up ruins a flight. Fortunately reversers do not LOL.This plane is AWESOME to hand fly approaches with, though. All i can say is WOW!

Guest Dutch64

Hi again,I was wondering, i saw other threads here about the plane slightly floating when the nose wheel is still 'up'. If the "A/T disarm trigger" is the main gear touching the ground then this might be the issue? I've tried several contact points as mentioned elsewhere on the forum but still, the main gear is floating and so AT doesn't get disarmed?Here some pics of the tutorial flight to KLAX. The floating can be clearly seen. Taxiing or at the gate all is fine, it's just the moment when the nose gear is still (or already, during take off) in the air.Ok, having said all that, it's no big issue for me to use manual disarm but it would be nice if PSS would acknowledge this as being a known issue so that maybe in a patch later on this will be addressed? Both this floating and the disarm issue seems to affect more and more users.Thanks,Martinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132949.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132950.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

>>John>PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpgLOL What did I miss int that reply?Oh and on th screenshots . . uhm .. . what model are you using? My AC appear to be touching the ground just fine.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.