Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

My brother's new toy!

It seems like older siblings get all the good toys! My brother just traded in his Malibu for this TBM 700. I can't wait to fly in it and maybe rest my hands on the yoke while the AP is on.David

Guest guyjr

So close, and yet so far! N700HK... it's almost the default FS2K2 callsign (N700MS) ! :)Looks like one sweet ride... lemme know when you want to pick me up. >:-) :-lol

Guy,That's why the numbers sounded familiar! I kept checking airliners.net to see if I had seen that plane somewhere or not. Why do you think MS used "700" though? I wonder if it has some significance. I hope someone does an FS2K2 model of a TBM700 at some point. The Meridian will be close though. If anyone wants to use this plane for photos, just let me know. I'm just that kind of guy! (mostly because it's not my plane!)David

Guest Smiley

The hotrod of the single engine turbine fleet. 300kts max speed with cruise at 291kts and climbs to FL310 in 21 minutes. Dirty stall speed of 61kts and can make use of 2,100ft airstrips. :)The PC12 is larger and has a longer range but handles slower and is not as fast. I'd like to see a FS version of the TBM700. Some day, some day ;)

If you don't mind me asking...what does your brother do for money? :-lol BTW the M in TBM stands for Mooney... this aircraft began life as a Mooney product.DannyCYVR

Guest rogue1

Now, to get David's brother hooked up with Jim Rhoads and get a TBM for FS2002 from Flight1. I've been waiting for someone to take on this project for FS2002, but no one so far (before you ask the obvious - it is way beyond my ability).This would be a great follow-on to the Meridian I think. Jim

I've been hammering on this one off and on for the last few months... One of these days I'll get it finishedBrian

Guest Fly1

Believe it or not, I actually got to fly right seat on one of these. A friend of mine is a corp pilot for an oil company, and is also into homebuilts. I flew with him once on a short jaunt from Houston Southwest to Ellington Field here in Houston. (I got to fly it back). This plane has an incredible acceleration on take off, and oh so sweet on the controls.Great Plane!!Bob C.

1.5 million and about $250.00/hr.It's a little pricey for my toy box...but I can dream >:-)Is your brother a corporate pilot or is it really his aircraft?DannyCYVR

Hi Jim,Thank you for the offer. Actually, I do have 2 TBM 700's that I have access to already. But thanks for making the suggestion! You never know. (-: Best,Jim Rhoads

Guest rogue1

If they're any where near Portland, OR, I'll gladly offer the use of my 5megapixel digital camera. You'd be surprised how big an image you can make with that. :-)Oh, yeah, you guys build one of these and I'll buy two!JimP.S. - And as if you don't hear this enough already, Jim, when can I expect to be flying my own virtual Meridian. hehe....:-xxrotflmao

Brian,That looks pretty good! Can't wait to see it when it is done.David