Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonniew

WINDOWS REGISTRY PROBLEM (777 INSTALL ?)

Guest bonniew

All Airbus and Concorde were no longer registered in the windows registry as indicated by the ADD/REMOVE Programs utility and FS2004 request for texture in locations other than installed.Flew 777 yesterday and today went to fly the A330, that is when the errors were noticed.Thanking you in AdvanceBonnie

Guest NormanB

I just checked my control panel and I have installers showing for all the developement versions (I must tidy things) plus the Concorde.In the past few days I have installed and uninstalled liveries and base packs scores of times.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132675.jpg

Guest bonniew

Notice the size of your Concorde...that is the problem. You will not know it has been uninstalled unless you try to remove it. I had to remove mine because FS2004 could not find it's panels or common textures. The last time I tried to fly an A321 it was looking for common PSS textures and panel in Program files root directory;and this all started to happen after the installation of the 777.

Guest bonniew

Look at this attachment..I just installed the AIRBUS PRO. The virtual cockpit is not working. Bonnie

Guest vilius1

I have no problems with PSS Concorde and Airbuses after installation of 777 final release. (There was no previous RC1 installation.) Dash8 and Vulcan are also fine. Common textures and panel files are where they are supposed to be: FS9PSS. So they were not removed.My theory is that possibly you had previously installed RC1 and then uninstalled it. This could result in removal of your common files, as a bug of RC1 uninstaller? I have never uninstalled any PSS stuff, hence no problems.Vilius

Guest bonniew

I just reinstalled the AIRBUS PRO after experiencing the problem and then went to uninstall it (see attachment); wait to see what happened to the PMDG737. I had to removed the installed FSUIPC and replace it with the PMDG747 FSUIPC to get everyone working together. I think this is the kind of problem being experienced with the textue package, file being put in the wrong directories. Who knows I don't.Bonnie

>I just reinstalled the AIRBUS PRO after experiencing the>problem and then went to uninstall it (see attachment); wait>to see what happened to the PMDG737. I had to removed the>installed FSUIPC and replace it with the PMDG747 FSUIPC to get>everyone working together. I think this is the kind of problem>being experienced with the textue package, file being put in>the wrong directories. Who knows I don't.>>BonnieI just bought and installed the AB Pro package (As well as the 777) When I installed the AB Pro it replaced my FSUIPC 3.50 with FSUIPC 3.47, resulting in many of my newer addons, that require 3.48 or higher not to function. Had to reinstall 3.50. I posted on this in the Airbus section, and was told there was a option (Which I didn't see) not to replace the FSUIPC DLL. Frankly it is very bad practice for a software package to replace a existing module, without checking to see if it is a newer version first, and even then give the user a warning dialog box to ok first before it does. Atleast the 777 installer doesn't do this.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.