Sign in to follow this  
Guest lflinares

Smooth -200LR Flight from KPAE to KCOS

Guest lflinares

PSS,I hope this helps you with your troubleshooting:I completed a two hour flight from Everett to Colorado Springs on the LR. Very smooth takeoff, climbout, and cruise. My CG was 23% with no oscillations!I chose Colorado Springs ude to test the aircraft's characteristics at high altitude fileds. When I was working there 10 years ago, I remember seeing a BA 777 doing touch and go patterns on the filed.The FMC recommeded an Vref of 144kts, which did not account for the 6,000ft altitude. I say this because the stick shaker started going off. I increased it to 150+ kts and had a smooth landing.I will do some testing with the -300ER from KPAE to LFPG this evening.Cheers!LuisKMIA

Guest lflinares

OK, I changed my -300ER flight to replicate the real world ANA Narita - JFK (and to debut the PSS ANA livery). I am about 30 minutes out of Tokyo. I departed with 75% fuel load and the default payload configuration provided by PSS. For the first 1000 nm, I will be at FL290. Right now I see an ocassional oscillation, which is much better than a few days ago.MAJOR OBSERVATION: My 777s are performing virtually flawlessly, but only when I first load the Cessna 172 and then load the 777s.Here something I haven't found yet: Is there a button or a key command to cancel the warning signs? The cancel button does not work on the 2D or VC.Happy flying!LuisKMIA

Guest Jar172RG

Hmm, you should be able to press the Master Caution/Warning light/s to cancel, like your experince in the -200LR my first trip has been smooth , only bug I see is that ref bug on the FMC when you pull up the Approach Vref speeds which has been mentioned several times on here.

Guest lflinares

I figured out the warning light. I was pressing the "canc" button, instead of the light itself. The -300ER perfomred very well from Narita to New York. Oscillation was minimal throuought the flight with a CG of 22%. My cruise altitudes were FL290, 330, and 370, which the FMC handled perfectly. There is some eccentric behaviour on autoland, but I prefer to fly manually. I will do some tests on the autoland. I still need to stress that the only way to gurantee this performance is to load the Cessna 172 first. I've tired saving a 777 flight, but ATC comms will not work. I'm sure the developers will have a workaround soon.My next plan is to do long distance flight. I'm going to try YSSY - KORD using the LR.Cheers!PSS, overall this is a fantastic product. Again, I'd like to thank you for bringing the Boeings back to life.

Guest Raphouille

>The FMC recommeded an Vref of 144kts, which did not account>for the 6,000ft altitude.You will never have to adjust your speed due to altitudebasically, at high altitude airports, your takeoff or landing weight will be limited because of your True Air Speed will be Higher than Your Indicated Airpeed.you will need more runway lenght to stop your aircraftfrom a defined VREF (KIAS)than at sea levelexample (ISA conditions):Sea Level 140 KIAS = 140KTAS6000 feet 140 KIAS = ~153KTASRegards,Rapha

Hi,I have tested this several times, even after restarting FS2004 and a cold boot of my computer the following day, so here is how I have managed to get the radio and all lights to work but it is not the typical way it is believed by many to work. For those who want the exact steps I took and/or unfamiliar with how to reload the default flight (which I never had to do until now so I had to search for it myself...), here is what I did:(1) Open the default Cessna flight from SELECT A FLIGHT by: (a) From CHOOSE A CATEGORY, select OTHER (:( Select DEFAULT FLIGHT(2) The default Cessna will load with engines and everything else on at Seattle Tacoma (KSEA) airport on a runway (34L I think).(3) Turn off engines with ignition switch.(4) Turn off fuel pumps and everything else EXCEPT:(5) Leave ON - ALL LIGHTS, MAGNETOS, AVIONICS.(6) SWITCH TO THE PSS 777 (or alternatively, you can probably first switch to a gate and airport of your choice with the Cessna and THEN switch to the 777; this is done from FS 2004 menu - PRESS ALT to get menu to appear - then AIRCRAFT-SELECT AIRCRAFT; to select airport - from menu select WORLD-GO TO AIRPORT.)(7) Once in your 777 and at your airport and gate of desire, go to overhead panel and turn all switches off, including pumps, packs etc.. nothing should be left on at all. The only thing I DO LEAVE ON are the engine electronic controls in "normal" position.(8) Bring up the PSS configuration/SETUP screen and select DON'T CHANGE from the STARTUP options.(9) Press the semi-colon " ; " to save your flight and check the checkbox called make this the default flight - give your flight a unique name. I called mine "MONTREAL - PSS 777LR DEFAULT". It will show in your list of saved flights under "My Saved Flights" in the SELECT A FLIGHT category.(10) When you first open Flight simulator 2004, you will now see your PSS 777 as the default airplane and flight BUT - YOU MUST SELECT YOUR SAVED FLIGHT FROM YOUR LIST OF "MY SAVED FLIGHTS" for it to load completely cold and dark with all switches off. It did NOT work for me if I just selected FLY NOW from the FS CREATE A FLIGHT screen - the PSS 777 still loaded with a whole bunch of switches in the ON position. I tried both "cold and dark" and "don't change" option from the PSS SETUP screen to no avail.***** So the bottom line is: Load a saved flight saved as your default from your saved flights list; do not click FLY NOW from the create a flight screen even if PSS 777 shows there as default plane. *****==> NOTES: (1) the PSS 777 initially loads with the switches on, but after two sets of warning horns/beeps, the switches will reset to their saved cold&dark (all off) positions, so be patient for about 10 seconds or so.(2) For some reason, after entering the saved flight the panel switcher does not open, even though it is selected in the setup menu under MISC to open at startup. One has to open setup menu, setup, misc, uncheck then RE-check the panel switcher (the one with the square labeled buttons appearing overhead, enabling you to switch from overhead, to radio, to CDU etc...).Of course, this is a pain for other add-ons EXCEPT the PMDG 747-400 because with PMDG's panel configuration utility, you are completely immunie to any default flight changes. I just flew the 744 today and tested it yesterday-after loading the PMDG 744 COLD&DARK panel state which I had created - all switches on the panel were off. For the PMDG 737NG and the Ready for Pushback 742, you have to go to a saved flight with the DEFAULT CESSNA COLD & DARK then SWITCH to the appropriate airplane as using the PSS 777 cold & dark does not seem to transfer to a cold & dark cockpit for other add-ons.Please try this if you still have not had success with your methods and let me know how it works for you.John

I have done simulation rates of 16x and the bobbing up & down is barely noticeable (like 100fpm or less) which does not increase as time goes by and hence the plane continues to fly stably.Nothing to worry about, as opposed to the issues with the Airbuses.... :(John

Guest lflinares

Good to know, thanks!

Guest lflinares

I took of from Sydney fully loaded with fuel and the defualt PSS payload on the -200LR. I've leveld off at FL280 at mach 0.80 and My fuel remaining at JFK is currently predicted to be 15.0I'm happy to report no oscillations of any kind with a 22% CG.Luis KMIA

AT FL320, step climbing to FL380 later, took off with 60 tonnes of fuel, CG of 28% and trim of 5.5, no detectable oscillations.When do I start the next part of the step climb? Do I wait until the desired altitude is within the ranges on page 2 of the VNAV button on the CDU?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest lflinares

Yes, the cruise page in the VNAV is your best bet. The FMC will give you the optimal points to go to the next altitude.LuisKMIA

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.