Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trev123

Just a bit of news. Boeing 777-200LR Breaks World Non-Stop record

Guest Pilot53

I'm just curious, how can pss make an accurate model if the plane is still setting records?

OK, who is going to try it in FS???-PaulCongratulations to Boeing and everyone involved BTW. Great job!!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest MD11_FLYER

When Eva gets the -200LRF, Ill ask them if I can try to break the record, if I can get on the T7.

>OK, who is going to try it in FS???>-Paul>>Congratulations to Boeing and everyone involved BTW. Great>job!!!>I actually started too last night, but I think PSS has the fuel burn calculations wrong. No way I could configure the FMC without it saying I didn't have enough fuel, My configuration was Full Fuel load, and I tried to calculate the passenger weight by the number of passengers and crew. Figuring 35 passengers, and figured have may be women so I averaged 200 pounds for the men, and 120 pounds for the women. So I figured that would be 5560Lbs then the 4 crew members would probably make up 720 pnds. So that gave me 6380lbs. (The real flight was probably more since I didn't count any luggage weight or service items which I'm sure they probably had, as well as a couple of FA's to serve peanuts!!:)The FMC calulated I would run out of gas just past New York. So I tried it anyway, but of course used time accelleration. I got as far as half way between PHNL and KSFO when my fuel was about 40%, so I figured the FMC was right, and I wouldn't make it, and went to bed!! I didn't have the actual flightplan at the time of the real flight, so I used VHHH, PHNL,KSFO, KJFK,EGLL FMC calculated 12,100 miles.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

a real flight plan for this route is on the flightplan forum (except it goes to egkk) just need to change arr prccheersPatrick

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.