Sign in to follow this  
Guest t288msd

Pitot icing

Guest t288msd

Hi, I've enjoyed flying this acft during the past few weeks. Well done PSS. I've had problems with pitot icing. It's the usual pitot icing symptom - a sudden drop off to zero of the airspeed indicator, followed by spooling up of the engines by the autothrottle trying to compensate. I've not been able to find a toggle, button or anything else to stop the pitots icing up and whenever it happens I use SHIFT-H (PITOT HEAT ON) and it clears within seconds. Am I not seeing an obvious button or is the automatic pitot heating not working?kind regardsMatt

Guest t288msd

Am I the only one with this problem or does everyone run ASV with Icing switched off?

this happens to me on any AC I fly every once in a while, even with pilot heat switched on. maybe those switches are all just dummies?

Guest hlm65

This has happened before and with ASV not Enhanced (previous version)also.On many "high-end" add-on planes, it seems that even with Pitot heat on, icing can occur and block your pitot/static probe (airspeed plummeting to zero with all related problems). Known solution (even if not a realistic one): check ON "prevent all icing" in the ASV(E) options page.

Guest CaptainJoe

I had that trouble with the RC1 version. I have not experienced it on the release version.catvisig.png

Guest kaptnkaspy

im sure pitot icing is not modelled as other important stuff, anyways this is a bug. i get the same thing. even with release version. i think only happens on the 300 though

Guest t288msd

Thanks for your contributions (it is the 777-200LR)I wouldn't be so concerned if pressing SHIFT-H (PITOT HEAT ON shortcut) didn't work, but it does. Each time I've had the pitot icing I've cleared it by pressing SHIFT-H, which appears to indicate that there is a button missing or the auto pitot heat is not working/modelled.For the moment I've added pressing SHIFT-H to my checklists. Thanks again for the responses.Matt

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.