Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

My humble conclusions regarding porpoising (bobbing):

I have reached the conclusion that the following has been my problem relative to the porpoise issue regarding the PSS Tripple Seven.Helps to RTFM (which I confess I still have not completely studied yet), and use the utilities that the supplier worked so hard to give us (Still hope a LoadEdit utility is in the works).The porpoising or as seems to be the preferred term that has evolved bobbing issue was a real problem to me from the start. I have come to the conclusion that I was the major problem.I have the 777-200ERF and 777-300ER models. Naturally I guessed wrong and the 777-200ER seems to be the most popular relative to posts. That having been said, the 300 is definitely more senstitve than the 200 ERF, however seems reversed doesn't it? I make no claim to knowing a thing about flightsim designing, seems reversed to me. In real life, the heavier and larger the aircraft, usually the more stable it is.I started off with pretty severe porpoising just diving in and have slowly evolved into the following conclusions.1. Use the setup utility for fuel management! It distributes the fuel quite differently than what my choices were with the FS9 fuel options.2. Calculate the "COG Location (%MAC)": in the "PAX LOAD SHEET.xls" and use it!By observing this I have been able to repeat my most frustrating early trial flights with excellent solution results.In doing this, I have even been able to go to the 16X multiplier with the 300LR. Before reaching waypoints with severe compass changes (well in advance) I advise going back to x1 as the aircraft will go into a severe right bank at the point it is reduced, but it recovers with dandy stability. (Before, X4 resulted in an uncontrolled crash no matter what for me).Note that the -200LRF is much less senstitive to this, and I assume that the -200LR (which I don't have) is equal to it.These birds are growing rapidly on me in spite of my early growing pains (concluded to be mainly of my own making). The patience, answers, and tongue biting by PSS has also greatly impressed me!I hope this is of some help to somebody.Respectfully:RTH1585368CFI

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I hope a load edit is on the way also since I only have the xls reader and not the editor. I have to load via the FS munu and I imagine that is cause for some problems.

I have the 300ER also, and have done all that you have suggested. Even changed the aircraft.cfg file to represent various passenger loadings, etc. And, then used the Excel worksheet for COG. In all cases, I get pretty severe "bobbing". I also reported my finding to PSS and got the reply that they were definitely aware of all the reports and were working on it. So, maybe its not us.Bob Scott (somewhere on the forum) found that rearranging the cargo by loading up Bin 1 at the expense of Bin 4 helped a lot.

Just a comment because I find the overall add-on a very nice piece of professionalism and don't want to give any other imppression. But did the beta team ever fly this aircraft? Now of course this is just a tongue-in-cheek statement, but I find it incredible that this bobbing issue was never discovered during the testing.So I have to assumed that no one knew about it until after release because it is on PSS's known-issues list, and you certainly wouldn't expect them to release the aircraft knowing of the problem...now would you?Deacontg272

i never installed RC1. this PreSales release is pretty good for me. i never had this bobbing in Normal Sim speed. but saw it at 4X and above. but 4X isn't realistic, so it's not an issue with me...like i said, it doesn't bob at 1X.i've never gotten the panel.dll issue. infact, i've never gotten an error message. my CDU isn't blank, it comes up every time. the external lights did go out for a period on the ground after startup; but they came back on and stayed on for the rest of the flight.the VC lighting is working fine on my system. i'm using the FSUIPC.dll that came with the 777 and i'm not having any issues.i have the LVD76 and PMDG 737/747 and i've NEVER sat in the Cessna prior to loading these aircraft. FS Default Cessna isn't even installed in my system anymore. infact, i do alot of AFCAD rework, so I use a special alignment grid "aircraft" made by someone else as my default aircraft and my default flight is at KVQQ (Cecil Field, FL). I use the cold & dark cockpit mod file from AVSIM so that every one of my aircraft is in a dark state of some degree.so why does it work fine for some people; but not for others.one guy i was helping out some issues, didn't uninstall RC1 before installing this release. so he uninstalled this release and removed all traces of PSS 777 and reinstalled this release. works great now.one can't fix an issue if they can't replicate it.

Do you breath?Seriously, be happy that you haven't experienced any problems. Perhaps your system is SOOO clean that everything works as advertised. I doubt it though. It's important that all of the functionality work for all of us, which is why PSS has acknowledged that there are problems and issues to deal with. That you haven't found them doesn't mean that they don't exist -- vis a vis PSS's position on their existence.Cheers,Deacontg272

Sign in to follow this