Sign in to follow this  
Guest GW Norris

John, MY findings on nose porpoise, 777LRF

Hello John or NormanI did my first full flight today with the LRF and used the ZFW from the .CFG file and loaded the fuel load in the loadsheet to get the CG, Also compared the Payload from the loadsheet to the payload in the .cfg file. slight difference, but not enough to have a drastic effect on the CG.set my fuel in the 777 setup window. setup the CDU for the flight( CDU would not show any legs when importing flight plan (FS9) so I loaded it manually from the route page. the plane handled beautifully with no porpoising thru the full climb LNAV, VNAV, AP, AT, FD systems engaged normally in the proper sequence. Then at approx 2000 feet before the TOC (FL370) I got the nose porpoise. I went to spot view and observed the elevator pitching up and down very rapidly, went back inside and noticed the pitch trim was occillating 2 to 3 degrees rapidly up and down equal amounts above and below 8 degrees nose up on the trim gauge on the Pedestal.I cycled the Flight Director off and back on and it quit bobbing almost immediately. Then all thru the cruise and descent to landing I had no problems whatsoever with any systems. Have not tried the LR or ER to form a comparison, really a nice Aircraft and as Usual, PSS has another masterpiece. Gary

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sign in to follow this