Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jar172RG

APP mode weridness

Guest Jar172RG

Hey all, I'm just curious if anyone has had a problem in the -200LR with their HDG select or HDG hold after they arm the APP mode on the A/P? at the end of my first trip I was first in HDG select then moved to hold for a bit then armed the APP mode, after that I couldn't get back into HDG select, as if I was locked out of HDG select, so the plane ended up on a bad interecpt heading for the approach and had to rush to catch up. Other then that I only saw two already known issues with the FMC, one of which I think I mentioned in another thread, but the Approach Vref page bug and the selecting/unselecting of arrival STARs and desired landing runway, where you select a STAR, excute on the FMC, then later select a runway and instead of having both active it clears the STAR and selects the runway.

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,One thing I had, is that when I was approaching CGD, and 15nm before rwy, and on ILS intercept heading, I looked at CDU REF page, and, a known issue, it was showing yet the EHAM (DEP) information, and when I selected APP mode, the plane and heading bug suddenly turn right heading to Amsterdam again!!!!!!!!!!!!So I desengaged AP, in NAV RAD page on CDU, forced him to activate the ILS frequencie on NAV1, and engage everything again and all went well!But that was strange but, once solved the REF page problem on approach, I think the other will be solved too!CheersMiguel

Guest Jar172RG

Oh ok John I was still about 10 or less out from the field, was manvering for the interecpt when this occured, thats interesting to know is it a characteristic of the real A/P or something you guys added in? most of the aircraft that have been simulated that are simular don't have a restriction like that, you can move inbetween HDG modes til LOC capture occurs.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.