Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trans_601

Autopilot

Guest Trans_601

I finally have the 772LR! But the thing that hasworried me all along has happened. I cannot work out the autopilot. All these new buttons and functions which I am not used to are confusing me.There's three main functions I can't work out, speed hold, altitude hold and heading hold. Instead of the 'ol default ALT, HDG and SPD buttons there is ones I'm not used to. If I want to hold a certain speed I enter into the MCP, how do I do that? How do I do this with my altitude and heading? I don't want the FMC to handle any of this, everytime ATC gives me a heading change I'd like to use my mouse to change it and then watch the airplan fly to that heading.Please help, this with my frame rate issues are making this unflyable.

Guest Trans_601

No I haven't. Because thats probably telling me to use VNAV etc which is what I DONT want. I just want to know how to use the autopilot BASICALLY none of that VNAV, FLCH bs. I got so worked up for the 777, frame rates suck, autopilot all over the place - I'm starting to think I've just wasted my money.

Guest Dutch64

You can use the tutorial just to have a headstart, right? It explains quite a lot of settings and you can figure out then for yourself what interests you I guess?I hear different stories about fps, I have ASV, almost all sliders maxed out, 100% traffic etc. etc and i do have fps of 20+ (No VC model since i don't care about vc).So, depending on your system maybe some tweaking is needed but you should be able to get a decent framerate I guess.Martin

Guest glide

There is nothing wrong with how the auto pilot performes no offence but i suggest you look at the panel manual it clearly explaines what each button does and makes it very simple.in short no VNAV/LNAV (except in the real world i dont think under normal conditions has any 777 long haul flight been flown without the use of either one or the other of these particulally LNAV!)On the auto pilot MCP panel at the top of main panel press the AP button for auto pilot( above the F/D on switch)A/T arm double switch up for auto throttle, you then select the speed you want in the IAS/MACH window just too the right and press the black A/T button below the window(right of F/D on switchnext window along too the right is the heading select you select the HDG you want with main sel knob then press the centre of it (sel) to command the aircraft to go turn to that heading, simple same for the alt two windows too right select an alt then press the center and go to the vs/fpa window to select the desired rate of dec/climbCombine all these after takeoff and your 777 will fly perfectlyI might just say that it take time to learn to use a complex panel like this well, we all had to start by trial and error at some pointyou have certainly not wasted your money on the question of this excellent addons functionality it works as it should! as far as your machines ability too cope with it frame rate wise i am sure with a little compromise you can get a decent balance Good luckkav

Guest bigun

"JohnYou have my sympathy!"AmenThis post has GOT to be a joke right?

Guest glide

I meant to add that to hold heading simply press the Black HOLD button below the HDG/TRK white selection Knob (just right of the A/P DISENGAGE WHITE BAR) on the autopilot panel MCPthere is an identicle HOLD button for the altitude which is far right of the autopilot panel below the altitude selector Knob and winow simply press this at any point in flight and it will hold the aircraft at the curent althope this helpskav

Guest glide

A joke.......... hmmmm i fear notkav

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.