Sign in to follow this  
corny357

PSS please read...

Are there no final approach fixes or missed approach procedures?? All there is, is something that says CF31R and then a runway. I looked at some real world screenshots and this is not how it is in the real one. Could you explain this?Thanks.Brandon

The thing is, when PSS started making these advanced aircraft back in FS2000 no one had a complete procedures database. They found their way around this and were able to get their hands on a database that was already developed by someone else and it was pretty complete for its time. Sadly the world evolved around the way these procedures were written and PSS failed to develop a new way of writing new procedure files that would enable them to update their current database. Thus we are now stuck with a system that isn't user-friendly and not many people are capable of writting new procedures with the accurate missed approaches and so on. The way their AIRAC data is interpreted by the FMC remais a mystery to many people and apparently there is no way around this so they can't really be updated. Of course there are some people out there who have learned to produce PSS format procedures and these are available on the net. DISCLAIMER: This is what I heard somewhere on the web and I'm no programmer so what I'm writing here could be very very wrong. This is my interpretation of what I read and you would need someone over at PSS to confirm this or completely discredit it. I hope they answer since I'm also curious but I have a funny feeling that since I'm involved in this thread that won't happenBest Regards,Victor Lima

>This is what I heard somewhere on the web and I'm>no programmer so what I'm writing here could be very very>wrong. So why write it at all - it has become quite obvious that you are nothing but a s**t stirrer. Why don't you take your gripe with PSS up with them by email. I would hazard a guess that many here are sick and tired of your whinging.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.