Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeanluc73

Take off configuration

Hi,I want congratulate with PSS team, this 777 is wondeful, I think that for us simmer, it will become a standar as has been for PSS A3xx. When in FS2004 I speak about A320 I speak naturally of PSS A320, so I think that the same will happen for B777.Now, some question to improve the flight.I'm italian simmer and I use metric system and for me the weigh is in KG. I notice a strange behaviour during take off.It's very very difficult for me take-off without tail strike, and the speed to take off it's very high (about 180 !!!!)Now, could someone help me to adjust my configurtion to take off normally.Scenario:Fuel: 100% (My flight will be very long over the Atlantic !!!)What are the correct setting for FMC (ZFW, COST, ecc,) in KG, please ?How set the TRIM ?FLAPS ?SPEED ?Thanks a lot.Bye.Jeanluc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fuel 100% if your Leaving Italy, its sounds like your trying to get to Tokyo, the wrong way round! Out of Intrest where are you going to?FMC:On the Perf Init Page of the CDU, LSK5 It says "Perf Init Request"All you need to do is click on that, and it will automatically enter your ZFW into the CDU.Cost Index: As the BAV 777 TC, I use the real BA figures for Cost Index, which is either 0 or 100, depending on the route of flight, if your Europe to US bound, I would use a CI of 100, coming back I would use 100 or 0 depending on the weather at the time.All your settings can be put into Kilos by selecting International-> Metric (Altimeter in Feet) in your FS Settings.Trim, currently your trim will be worked out by your %mac in the excel spreadsheet, all you need to do, is enter the fuel figures that you are using if its still 100% the spreadsheet is allready correct for you, if not, enter your fuel figures into that and get your %mac. From there all you need to do is go thru the CDU, selecting your Thrusts for TO and Climb and any de-rate you wish to use (at 100% fuel, I suggest None!). That will take you onto the Takeoff Ref page.On the Takeoff Ref page, select your flap settings, at 100% fuel, I would use 15, then on LSK3 you will see CG, all you need to do is put your %mac into the CG box, and it will give you a trim setting to use.Then from there to set your V-Speeds, go to page 2, enter the wind, to work out your x-wind/head/tail wind componante. (Set your departing runway in the Dep Page first). Go back to page 1, you will see your GR WT (Gross Weight), and I would take off about 400-600kgs for taxi fuel, so if your GR WT was 242.3T for example in RSK4 I would enter 241.9 as a TOGW (Takeoff Gross Weight), and then select your v speeds in the CDU which it will give you.Again, if you are New York/Boston or Washington bound, no way will you need 100% fuel, a typical BA flight to NYC in a 777-200ER at that weight with a flight time of 7hrs 30mins Takes about 60T of fuel, and lands with about 6-7 left.LAX on etc on the other hand, you would need nearer 80T of fuel (Ruff guess, as BA don't use the 777 to W-Coast USA anymore)If there is Anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to ask!Cheers

Hi,thanks a lot for your fast and precise answer....Two things:1. What is %mac and where I can find excel spreadsheet ?2. Could you suggest me a site or a sotware in order to calculate the fuel necessary for NM ?Thanks again.JeanLucPS. I want to try AZ Milan Malpensa - Miami. :-)

1. Ok, Go into your FS9 root folder -> Aircraft-> PSS-B772LR (Or what ever model you are using)File is in there. In the 772LR folder its called B777-200LR PAX LOAD SHEET2. I would wait for PSS to bring one out, as it will accuratly model the fuel burn. However, I think, your flight I'm guessing your going straight across the atlantic, instead of up over the UK to the NAT tracks, flight time of about 8hrs 30mins, At the ZFW of the aircraft, I would say 65-70T should be about right.Cheers

Hi,thanks a lot my friend, with your suggest I have completed my first flight, from Rome fiumicino to Milan Malpensa.Everthing works correctly, now I can take off, and landing perfectly, using the correct configuration for fuel, flaps, trim and so on.Now I can say that PSS 777 It's a great product. Thans angain PSS !!!The next flight will be......Milan Maplpensa - Miami over the Atlantic !!!!!Bye.JeanLucPS. Why don't add the cabin annuncement ?

Hi Jean, I can assure you, you dont need full fuel to get to Miami ;)I find that FSPassenger is a great way to keep track of the CG and its a great program to use with this addon. My first flight was Dubai to Toronto with only 97% Fuel and I arrived with still 28% left onboard.

Sign in to follow this