Sign in to follow this  
Guest Midnight LS1

CDU & keyboard

Guest Midnight LS1

On page 5 of the PSS 777 FMC manual, it says you can enter info into the CDU from the keyboard by pressing SCROLL LOCK key and all keystrokes will go to the CDU only. Pressing it again will set all keystrokes to FS9.And the state of the scroll lock in the CDU is indicated by a flashing <> symbol above the CDU screen.Last night I tried that and nothing happened, the scroll lock key light on the keyboard lights up. I even tried the other way around to no avail.Does it work on yours?

Guest xenopus

Hi,I encountered the same problem. I thought it might be connected to the fact Scroll-Lock is my default button for radio transmitting in Squwakbox. But even after I assigned a different button in SB, pressing scroll lock didn't enable me to use keyboard.PSS, what might be the solution to this problem?

Guest jbinner

try clicking on the CDU, bottom line of the display area (center of screen between 6L and 6R). This enables the "keyboard lock" and allows entry from the keyboard.

Guest xenopus

Will try that.Thanks

Guest markusr

Hi,i have reassigned the buttons in my PSS. Start the setup screen(in the aircraft). And select button assignment and filter on fmc, there you can enter your prefered key or keycombination. I did it with Shift+K.greetingsMarkus

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.