Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Changing panel switcher position permanently

I like to have the panel switcher strip positioned right above the map display gauge. If you would like it there, too, go to the PSSB77704 folder in the aircraft folder, open the panel folder, and then open panel.cfg. Find Window 12 and change the position to 0.25, 0.56 as shown below. It will now be changed permanently in all PSS-777 aircraft. The original position was 0.5, 0.0.(Window12) ;in the file with square brackets;position=2window_pos= 0.25,0.56visible=0size_mm=494,46ident=8280gauge00 = PSS-B777!icons, 0,0,494,46

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest trevor51590

That sounds great, i like it like the pmdg model. Could you possibly post a screenshot so i can see what it looks like before i start tweaking? Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of my panel switcher and FMC changes.

Guest Midnight LS1

While that may be nice but I like using the ZOOM function in one of the buttons (full left side of the buttons that is), when the 3 LCD's are brought up bigger, how would you close them all at once or pick another area like radios, pedestal, etc after those buttons are obstructed?

Guest mleuck

Thanks for the tip! It looks great!Thanks,Michael

I don't know. I have never had the sim crash after modifying any .cfg files. Be sure that the window name is a square brackets -- square brackets are not displayed on forum posts so I showed the window name in parentheses, (window12). This really is a simple edit and it should look like mine except for the square brackets.

Guest trevor51590

Thanks for the great tip, i love having the switcher above the pfd

The panel switcher appears on top of the zoomed displays. See screenshot.I have been having trouble with this screenshot, but believe, me the switcher panel does not interfere with the zoomed displays and all the commands are still available.OK, one more try.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132809.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.