Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Smile PSS!!!!

Yesterday, I FINALLY found the time to take my Trip7 out for its inaugrual flight UAL 954 KORD - EGLL. Having tinkered around the flight deck for a week, I figured I was ready. Having seen the list of issues I prepared myself to be disappointed.I must say, that I AM IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS EXTREMELY PLEASED with the PSS 777. From pushback to touchdown, I encountered ABSOLUTELY no issues at all on the 10 hour flight.And much to my surprise as I was settling into the flight, I clicked the panel light switch and the orange background glow went away and left me in a wonderfully dark flightdeck with only the backlit glow of the switches and LCDs. Framerates were spectacular (flew the whole flight in VC of course) and generally were between a low of 15 and a high of 48fps, flight stability and Vspeeds were spot on, LNAV, VNAV and autoflight were smooth as silk. AND what really impressed me was the shear sense of "heaviness" of the T7. I don't even get this feel with the excellent PMDG 747.On full autoland at EGLL, I had to disconnect and hand fly due to an insane quartering headwind that was gusting to 40+ knots and actually the AP had indicated NO AUTOLAND without me noticing it. Still it was a bumpy, scary approach similar to those that I have experienced in real life and it was a PERFECT end to one of my BEST flights in FS. (<--period).Are there bugs? Maybe, I don't know and frankly I don't care, if it flies this well with em in there, then leave em alone (its actually realistic to have bugs onboard...have you been to the first class galley lately and seen what lives in those bar carts???). Whatever was omitted systemwise apparently are things that I don't use because I didn't notice them. My only complaint...for the love of Pete, figure out how to open one door at a time! Unfortunately, I encountered none of the bugs listed here except for the ghosting on the TCAS (which was a little annoying actually).I should preface this all to say that I am the biggest skeptic there is, and I call em as I see em without regard to sparing feeling. However, the PSS T7 has captured my heart in 11 hours and also will save me $35 since I see no reason now to purchase the Feel There offering.GREAT JOB PSS!!!! I think, addressing any outstanding issues will only put the jewels in the crown you have built.So smile PSS, if you can make a miserable naysayer like ME do cartwheels, your battle is half won!!!!

Hey Mike, just one quick question. Are you saying that you were able to get the green lights to come on in the VC on the O/H and Glareshield without the Orange lighting or did the green lights go out as well? For me, I can only get the lights to come on and go off together. Let me know,Thanks and I agree,extremely pleased thus far...-PaulIS this Mike T from the screenshot forums???

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Paul:Yes, totally by accident while I was flying I got sick of the orange glow and wanted to see how the cockpit looked dark so I clicked the switch and the orange glow went away but left the green switch backlighting! It looked totally spectacular!Naw, I am the original Mike T. The guy in the screenie forum is my evil twin! :-lol

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.