Sign in to follow this  
Guest wolfman2g1

left spoileron extended

Guest wolfman2g1

on start up the left spoileron is extended and the right is retracted but neither responds to the spoiler level commands. and the left spoiler moves slightly when a right roll is commanded. the game reacts to the extended spoileron, when take off power i cammaned the spoiler warning goes off and if the take off roll is continued the right wing rises and the left wing sinks, my guess is its stalling from the loss of lift creat by the spoilers

Guest Midnight LS1

The alierons controls the spoilers on each wing. Are you sure your joystick isn't trimmed or left in the roll to left side?

Guest wolfman2g1

no from the time the flight is loaded its like this. everything is off so there are no hydrualics so even if my joystick is in need of calibration or watever else could be happening from the hardware end and is commanding a left roll it shouldnt make a difference. its not only the left side its the right side also except they wont move at all. i tried extending them and retracting them with no change.. everything else works correctly.

I have just experienced this problem too, after several good flights so far with the 777.Today I tried for the first time the setup feature "Cold and dark". After going through the normal startup sequence, programming the FMC, etc. I pushed back and when I switched to outside view I noticed the spoilers and ailerons were in the up position on the left side, and down on the right. Also the elevator was in an almost full "nose up" trim mode.I was unable to make any adjustments via my CH yoke, nor by keyboard. The elevator trim setting was off the scale. In the end I gave up and shut down FS.I had started my flight with the default Cessna before switching to the 777. As I said I had not had this problem before (not cold and dark startups). Could that somehow stuff up the trim and flight control settings?

Graeme Butler

Guest wolfman2g1

i finally got mine to work after alot of fooling around i found out part of the problem was with the device driver for my x45. i fixed the deflection problem but there is still a tendancy for un commanded yaw to the right and occasionally an uncommanded right roll

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.