Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Could you please consider adding this to known issues?

Hello, I recently wrote a post stating some problems I witnessed when using the 777 but unfortunately it was deleted and maybe you missed some important data. Of these, the one I consider crucial for a future update is the following:The cabin pressurization summary is not displayed on the upper EICAS when the AIR page is selected on the lower EICAS. The summary only appears when the AIR page is displayed on the inboard LCD. This is not how it happens in the real aircraft. Could you look into this and cofirm my findings. Much appreciated. Although I'm still angry at what happened these past few days between me and the forum moderators I do have faith in the PSS team and their triple seven and I want to contribute to make it a great addon. For now I haven't flwon it much but I think in a near future it will eventually becom one of my favoirites.Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest Phoenix_7

sorry I don't quite understand what you mean?pressing L INBD then AIR shows the proper page on the INBD displaypressing LWR CTR then AIR shows on the lower EICAS, you can also display the lower EICAS at the main panel by pressing on the 'Boeing 777' lettersJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sorry for not being able to make it clearer John. I'll try again. You are correct, pressing L INBD then AIR correctly displays the AIR page in the Inborad LCD. Moreover it correctly displays a summary of aircraft pressurization (cabin altitude, cabin VS and delta psi) on the lower left corner of the upper EICAS (upper center LCD). However, if you're to press LWR CTR then AIR, although the AIR page appears on the LWR CTR display, the summary that was supposed to be displayed on the upper center display does not. So the problem is not with the air page per se, but with the upper ctr display! Hope I made myself clear. Let me know if it's something I'm doing wrong. Best Regards,Victor Lima

I really can't explain it any better than this. I'll try once more starting over.Ok. First thing to do: while you're in the air, display the AIR page in the inboard MFD by clicking L INBD in the Display Select Panel and then AIR. Now notice that two things happen. One of them is the obvious appearence of the AIR systems in the inboard LCD. The other thing that happens is that the EICAS LCD also displays something new: on the lower part of the EICAS LCD a summary of cabin pressurization pops up. That is happening as it should be.Now go to the Display Select Panel, press AIR again so that the L INBD LCD reverts to the ND. Notice that cabin pressurization summary will also disappear from the EICAS. Now click the LWR CTR switch on the Display Select Panel and press the AIR page again so that the AIR page will be displayed on the LWR CTR LCD. Confirm that it is indeed on display by opening the pedestal view and finally close the pedestal view so you can view the EICAS LCD. The cabin pressurization summary which should have popped up there along with the air page which you just assigned to the LWR CTR LCD is not visible. In other words, whenever you select the air page to be displayed on an MFD, the information is displayed to the pilot in two separate screens. A portion of it shows on the MFD assigned to the air page, and another portion appears on the MFD assigned to EICAS (which is generally the Upper CTR display). The problem with th PSS T7 is that the informaiton that should be displaying on the EICAS simply vaniches if the air page is being selected via the LWR CTR. I'm sorry but I cannot make it clearer. Sincerely I don't see how this can be difficult to grasp. Maybe it's because English is not my first language... Anyway I hope it comes to your attention and it gets fixed. These little things go a long way towards making your poduct credible (not saying that it isn't!)Is there a way for me to attach images to my post to illustrate what I mean?Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest OneTinSoldier

Yes, it's actually pretty easy to attach images. But, due to forums policy and image size limits there is a couple of things you have to do before you can attach the image.First, if you do not already have software that can Resize an image AND Compress(convert) an image to .jpg format(at the same time), with a variable .jpg quality compression of your choosing, then go and search Google for the freeware utlity... IrfanView.IrfanView you lets you select your .bmp screenshot(or any number of them that you choose), and then allow you to select a .jpg quality compression on a slider, for instance using the slider you can select anywhere from 2 percent quality to 100 percent quality. I run my sim at 1600x1200 resolution and so that's what my screenshots come out at. I find that I have to select about 84 percent on the .jpg quality slider.Then there is another option that you set to resize the image. The image size should be set to 1024x768(or smaller) for posting on Avsim.In IrfanView you start this process by pressing 'B' on your keyboard. Now you can browse to where your screenshots are saved at, and you can select where to have the converted images saved to. Select as many .bmp screenshots as you want and then click 'Add'.Set up the other options, such as selecting the .jpg format, then set the quality slider, then there is another box where you set what you want your images resized to(1024x768). When you have everything all set then you press 'Start' and it will convert all the screenshots you selected in one fell swoop. Once you have used IrfanView a couple of times you will find all this to be very easy.Now that you have converted your screenshots, when you make a post here on Avsim there is a link towards the bottom labeled 'Click here to choose your attachments'. Click on it. You will need to browse to where your converted image is and select it, then you need to check the 'JPG image file' bullet and the 'Check this box if you wish to embed attachment URL in the message text box'. You can post up to ten images per thread. If you start a thread by posting 5 images, you or someone else can post five more images later on if so desired.It may seem like a little much the first couple of times around, but after you've done it a few times it's very easy.Hope that helps,Jimmy Richards

Guest Phoenix_7

>Now notice that two things happen.>One of them is the obvious appearence of the AIR systems in>the inboard LCD. >The other thing that happens is that the EICAS LCD also displays something new: on the lower part of the EICAS LCD a summary of cabin pressurization pops up. when I load the 777the upper EICAS shows the primary engine page and the lower part shows the pressure summary, nothing changes when I select the AIR pageJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg