Sign in to follow this  
Guest mleuck

First 777 Flight a success

Just want to report that my first BA777 flight went well. Flew EGKK-TXKF without incident. Everything went as planeed, including a perfect autoland. No bouncing during flight, no VNAV problems. All in all, great job PSS!Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The aircraft handled well off autopilot. I autolanded just to test the process. Michael

OK well I gave in and bought the Freighter model and a nice Emirates paint job and I am making the tutorial flight from KBFI to KLAX, I must say the a/c has some good points and there are things I don't like too much about it. I know the PMDG 744 very well and I find the frame rates in both 2D and VC much less in the PSS T7. It has some nice touches like the wx radar which I suppose adds to the slow down of the frame rates. I imagine the paint job I bought is 32 bit as well instead of DXT3 which won't help either though I havent checked that yet. The tutorial is informative and fun to fly and as the aircraft is very similar in layour to the 747 it's pretty easy to get used to.I like the night lighting especially the green which I havent seen before in a sim a/c and gives a nice effect. All in all I am enjoying my first proper flight. I did a couple of hand flown circuits around KBFI before I left and it handles very nicely in the pattern. I would like to buy one of the PAX versions but thats another 20 pounds and I'm not too happy about paying for the paints either, I will have a look at the user edits and see if there's any for the freighter version.For me the wx radar inclusion into the ND is a major plus and something I have been looking for. I just thibk it's a shame that you don't get a discount for 2nd and 3rd variation purchase. I wasn't going to splash out on all 3 at once until I was pretty sure it worked ok on my system.I have had no CTD's so far, I heard that some people get a CTD when entering the Cost Index but I havent. As for the approach and the reported oscillations, well I havent got that far yet. Cheershttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Sign in to follow this