Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Suggestion for Everyone using the PSS T7.

Guest sb55mv

Hi All.Please let me start off by making something Crystal Clear.I am not trying to upset anyone, but, Please Do Take the time to Read the Extensive Manuals that PSS have had made for All of US to use, they are in fact a very interesting read, and very informative.for those of you that might be thinking of replying with the likes of, "hey, who do you think you are," and, "are you calling me stupid! " the answer is a most definite NO, I'm NOT calling anyone Stupid. I am just saying that a lot of the questions that I have seen in this forum could quite easily be self-answered by reading them.we seem to get this a lot when a new product comes out, and they are clogging up the forum when they could quite easily be Self Solved.I am already aware that this may indeed get me into trouble with the PSS staff, I hope they don't give me too much of a grilling, but, this just had to be said. as a Reviewer, I am obliged to read every single product manual from cover to cover, then re-read it just to make sure I know what I am doing, this is a must in order to compile a fair and accurate Review. there are the odd occasions when I have to ask a question to clarify something, and even because I do not understand something, but, these developers have taken the time to make something for us that is not a simple "two clicks and you're in the air" product, they have indeed responded to our requests for realism and functionality wherever possible, and within the limits of FS itself.personally,I think they have done an outstanding job.they will however, never be able to satisfy everyones requests, but, that being said, I do think it has turned out to be a product worthy of the wait and price.many thanks,Steve.

Guest ridejumpfly

Excellent post Steve.Justin

Guest OneTinSoldier

Agreed, very well said. If you ask me the logic of the content and the suggestion to read the manual certainly isn't flawed! :)Cheers,Jimmy Richards

Yes, indeed. Well said. I, myself, have noticed some questions that actually are well answered in the Manuals or potential problems that, in reality, come from not knowing the basic HowTo.Anyway, there are still some non-manual related problems, but they are either in the official bug-list (like the red non-disappearing massage) or... seen by the PSS team as unimportant (?) (like no possibility to open just the door you need for boarding).And yes again, this product is deffinitely worth both waiting and buying. I have no doubt abou it and now it seems to me almost as professional as LVL-D.Thanks PSS!

Guest toml

:-eek Did you just tell us to RTFM? :-lolBeing in Customer Service myself, I can say you handled that quite well. - Tom

Guest sb55mv

Thank You All very much.I was dreading the kind of responses I would get, but, I am pleased to say that a lot of you have taken this in the manner it was intended.can anyone tell me what LNAV does . . . . Sorry Guy's. I simply couldn't resist it :+But Seriously, I'm glad so many of you have taken my point.all the best, and Safe Landings.

Well said. Being in software development myself I can relate to most questions and problems arising from customers failing to use the product according to the manuals (and in our case the instructions provided by our inhouse training team).

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.