Sign in to follow this  
Guest matann

fmc issue

Guest matann

hello folks!!i am new here,my name is matan from the israel divsion,nice to meet you:danyway,i read about the "known bugs" and about the fmc and vc etc...anyway,my only problem is the issue about the wrong eta times....its rellay anoying problem... you can never know for sure how lond does the flight will take you.i just want to know if there is any new about it,or if you are plannig to release fix only for that problem?i have notice that the other problems can take along time untill you will solve them.but maybe there is any chance that you have fixed the fmc problem?thank you for the amazing aircraft,best regardesmatan neumark

Guest NormanB

Matan,As I have said both here and by email, we are working on a patch. ETA? As soon as we can.

Hi Matan.I have also bought the 777 and successfully completed my first flight without any problems apart from my misunderstanding of a few things, but not any major hiccups.As far as the ETA is concerned and as has been said on here many times we all want realism, so the realism here is that a pilot should never totally rely on what the computers are telling him/her. Having all this data makes one lazy and never calculate anything on route because the computers calculate it for you. Now you must have an idea how long your flight is in nm. You know roughly what your ground speed is (averagely) in knots, or nm/hr so a simple calculation and you have an ETA that you have worked out.So until a fix comes out and makes us all lazy again a bit of self help won't go amiss. It may not be as accurate as the computers but its good to see if you can improve your calculations by including winds etc.have funJohn Calleja BAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest matann

hi norman and John!thak you very much for your replaying.norman,i am appoligize if i disturb you about the question.. but i didnt see on the email some message about it,only on the forum.anyway,thank you both,have a good daymatan neumark

Guest NormanB

Miquel,The FDE update will be made available soonest.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.