Sign in to follow this  
Guest TELCO1

Third Flight VC Only - One Small Issue

Guest TELCO1

Well...I wish some you were sitting beside me this morning for my third flight in the 200LR. Beautiful sky and clouds as the sun was coming up (thanks to FE). I'd never thought I'd say this in all my years of flightsimming, but flying the 777-200LR using the VC only is an absolute joy. The only panel I had up on my second monitor was the FMC. So smooth! Great Job!I had one small problem.....in VC mode, the PFD and Upper Eicas panels pop up no problem, both on the pilot and co-pilot sides, however, the ND and Lower Eicas panels wouldn't. My mouse pointer changes, but nothing happens when I click on it. I couldn't find anything in the documentation or this forum. So....1) Can I assuming that they're supposed to pop up and if so, has anyone else experienced this?2) Did I miss something in the docs somewhere?I'm using a zoom setting of .65 and Flight1's utility for panning around. Everything else is perfect.Thanks in advance,Lawrie

Guest Phoenix_7

you are not doing anything wrongthis was mentioned during testing however the reason is thissome use the ND or EICAS for the checklist display, which requires clicking on the display panel, so you don't want it to close with that actionyou can however enlarge the ND and EICAS using the drop down menuJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Pro-Sim

I also flew my first full VC only flight last evening, and my first using TrackIR Pro (+Vector), after the initial dizziness from the new experience that TrackIR gives - WOW! - the is THE best way to explore PSS's new cockpit, and what a VC it is.. :-)The initial (opening) position is too close to the Glareshield (to be fair its a fantastic VFR position but not so good for seeing any intruments), but after zooming back a little the view of the VC is stunning !Fantastic job at getting this VC so TrackIR friendly !David.

Guest TELCO1

>you are not doing anything wrong>this was mentioned during testing however the reason is this>>some use the ND or EICAS for the checklist display, which>requires clicking on the display panel, so you don't want it>to close with that action>>you can however enlarge the ND and EICAS using the drop down>menu>>John>PSS SUPPORTThanks John for the quick reply. I understand the reasoning and it certainly won't take anything away from my enjoyment.Regards...great product,Lawrie

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.