Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

FS2004 freezes when altering current leg parameters

Happenned to me once while flying a rather simple flight in Alaska from the fmc.Also, since the install of of RC 1 during shutdown I get a "serious error" message and FS2004 attempts to restart intself and has to be shut down by ctr-alt-delete window. This may not be as a result of the 777 but it's begginning co-incided with the install if the 777. Still present with the current version. I can live with this fine but if there are any ideas to correct this I would be all ears. Regardless, this B777LRF is a great FS addon.

Guest AlexMcB

Hi Guys,Agree with this thread.Even on the tutorial flight my system hangs, does seem related to the Flight Performance calculations. Entering the height restrictions for the SADDE 6 arrival at KLAX on the LEGS PAGE (Plate ST-7).AVE = 11000, then jumped to REYES 9000, expected DERBB in between to self calculate prior to any specific entry being made. It didn't and my system hung. Had to kill the power = CTRL - ALT - DEL didn't work.Waiting hopefully for the patch, never got to final approach yet. Have to stop editing the LEGS ! REgardsAlexEGPF.P.S. Since installing the PSS777 I've lost all aircraft graphics on the selection screens (even the Cessna). Has anyone else? Should I rebuild my FS config?

Hi Alex,Your leg your were trying to edit: was it the leg your were on at the time or a leg further down (2nd or 3rd or later) in your flight plan? I ask this because I have not yet had a freeze while editing a leg further down my legs in my route but only when changing leg to which I'm ALREADY ENROUTE. Example: If I'm enroute to LEG1 already with, say 79NM left to reach LEG1, then editing LEG1 causes the freeze but not LEG2 or LEG3. My freeze even happens before even turning on the engines while at my departure gate. All other legs except LEG1 can be edited without problems.However, one difference I did not mention with my flight plans which is not really "standard": I DO NOT use SID/STARS and do a manual land, NO AUTOLANDS. After my last leg, or even several legs before that at a distance of about 5-15NM from TDZ, I turn off auto-pilot, flight mgr and take full manual control.In case this may be related, I wanted to mention it.John

Guest AlexMcB

Hi John,Happens on the ground as well when editing Waypoints well down the plan. Although it is only when I'm editing the level.Roll on the patch !Alex

Here also FS9 Lockup when changing the route at CRZ. Tried to fly from KLAX to KSEA. During the CRZ flight I added the Arrival Route to the FMC and inserted 34L and OLM4 Arrival. That was ok. Then I wanted to add an additional waypoint (Place-Bearing-Distance, called KSEA341/12). That was just shown in white on the ND, but than FS9 locked up; I was not able to activate that new waypoint.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest UKPilot

Hi all, Another one to add to the list. Same problem for me, loaded cold a dark cockpit setup. Route - Cardiff to Gatwick. Entered Rnwy 30 at Gatwick to route direct to SAM with an ASTRA1A into Gatwick for 26L, when i try to enter a cruise alt of 13000feet on the Perf Init page, machine locks up, having to use Ctrl Alt Del to get out.Roll on the fix.RGDS UKP

Guest NormanB

UKP (Your parents were very astute recognising your future desires when then named you ;) )Thanks for the info. Could you let me know which airac cycle this was with please - it all helps in tracking down why this is happening.Thanks,

Guest steveat27

Reviving this thread as I didn't read any fix to it yet. My problem is of course the FMC locking up my PC and creating 100% CPU usage, also gets AS6 not responding as well. Here is a list of what happens:1. At gate E4 KATL, settup for a flight to KMCO, using a FS plan built by FSBuild (KATL PNUTT2 MCN AMG LEESE1 KMCO), cause FSBuild doesn't export the proper plan to the right folder for a company route for some reason. First on this, KATL has no SIDs, why is that? I have the updated AIRAC 0513 and navdata's allinone sid star package.2. I manually enter the PNUTT2 dep and select the LEESE9 dep (as LEESE1 is not there) and AMG transition, everything is fine. Set up INT REF and PERF. Crz Alt does not adjust on the legs, set 330 shows 410 flight levels. So I fix each one as needed.3. I type in the scratch pad the crossing speed and alt. for LEESE and click on the LSK to the right and boom, locks up everytime. Haven't even started the engines yet.Please help me with this, as this is my Checkride flight for my VA to move to the 772 program and can't continue to progress with out this exact flight. Is a patch coming soon or something? This is a substantial issue that seems to affect several of us, that keeps us from enjoying this aircraft. If a fix is already out could someone point me in the right direction?Stephen

Guest NormanB

1. FSBuild isnt at fault here per s

Norman,As I just posted on this thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...7452&page=#8996and my reply to my own posting just below this one......altering the legs of the final approach while enroute froze FS2004 but did not freeze it, at least on THIS occasion, when entering the final approach waypoints when parked at gate at departure airport.If you need more specifics about what I did to narrow down the problem, please let me know.John

Guest steveat27

Norman, After having downloaded the http://planepath.com/html/dafif.html I got as far as descending from FL330 through to about FL310 on my way to 11000 across LEESE and was setting up crossing speeds and alts and hit exec some where in there and froze again. This takes quite a while to keep doing, just the restarting of FS and the planning and startup and the flying time, only to freeze up again. Very frustrating. Also I do happen to know the weather on this flight due to I have to set it AS6 to certain conditions for this checkride. I have put more effort into trying to get this thing to work properly than flying, and that is no good. I sit through aviation classes all day and just want to come home to enjoy some simming, only to be frustrated by something I paid for.Please help,Stephen

Hi again Norman,I have this issues in two different threads but I thought this is the original one so I'll continue here. On the thread entitled "weird VNAV issue..." and my posting (#9106)which replies to this one ==> http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...7452&page=#8996 ... I mentioned of a freeze when altering final legs for the ILS approach.Just now I tried to do the same alterations with the same FS2004 flightplan SAEZ-KMIA (IFR) when still parked at the (same) gate at Buenos Aires Ezeiza (SAEZ) with the engines still off, APU running, clear weather, loaded from same default flight which is a saved version of the Cessna 172 default FS flight but with all switches off, settings at "do not change".I loaded the fuel, set all paramets for INIT-weights etc... and re-loaded the same FS2004 flight plan by importing it from the CDU menu. Here is the flight plan:SAEZ FDO(114.40) BIVAM OSIGA RBC(114.20) CREPE EGAPO MLY(115.50) SAVEM TOTON UCA(117.40) URSUS FOWEE KMIANotice that, at least based on my understanding of approaches (STARs) I left the portion after FOWEE empty to be added while en-route depending on weather or, if flying online on VATSIM, on ATC instructions.**FIRST LANDING RUNWAY SCENARIO: I then added the approach to Miami Intl runway 30 ILS and the points after the FOWEE intersection, simulating 30ILS landing:(AFTER FOWEE as per charts from FAA) - JUNUR LUVLY OLDDE BIRDD PECOTI don't usually put in the touchdown runway in the CDU as I do manual landings. I intercept the ILS localizer using autopilot then once on straight heading to runway, disengage all autopilot.I then added speed and altitude restrictions to the waypoints after the planned top of descent, respecting the 3:1 rule for the altitudes so that they were realistic.**SECOND LANDING RUNWAY SCENARIO: I then CHANGED these waypoints for 27 ILS approach by deleting them, then replacing them with the following, while still on the ground - I can't take the time right now to fly for at least an hour and then do this all over again but I may try it again next week:(AFTER LUVLY but for 27 ILS instead of 30 ILS) - SARCO KEYES.NO freezes at all, even after altering speeds/altitudes.But this was on the ground, engines off, clear weather. THe fact that it FREEZES AT ALL DURING FLIGHT suggests what others also suggested, that CDU cannot calculate new data (speed/altitude/new waypoints) while enroute when position is constantly changing, perhaps goes into a loop and freezes FS2004. Though some apparently have reported freezes while on the ground.NOTES: (1) the ADIRU had FINISHED aligning when I started these leg modifications.***(2) This is important - When I first did this flight, I had for some reason an error in the total GTW of about 2000 lbs. initially and this is what I entered into the CDU INIT page, OVERRIDING the one given by REQUEST of weights thinking it was wrong, not me (silly me...:)) This time, I kept the weights given by the request data.Having said all this - WHY would ANY error made by a pilot (in real life as well in this simulation) FREEZE the computer? CDU should give ERROR MESSAGES if mistakes are made, not freeze the entire simulation! THIS IS REALLY THE FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT POINT HERE.Hope this helps.Can

Gents:I was flying from KBOS to KJFK and I have no other addons. Changed waypoints in the FMC and had the lockup. Recreated the scenario and it did it again.RegardsRick

Guest adrianstorr

Hi all, I have just purchased the 777 and i am getting the freeze as well. I have been trying a quick flight from EGLL to EGKK. On the first go i set up the FMC and all was well until i selected the arrival page i was on the ground at the time but as soon as i went to select RWY26L it froze. The next time i left it untill i was in the cruise, again as soon as i selected the arrival page the Pc froze :( I am using the navdata that come with the download, am going to try with the updated data. Adrian

Guest abulaafia

Reviving this thread ... again. I have a very similar problem, and I suspect the cause is the same. FS2004 freezes when I manipulate the route in progress. Changing the current CRZ ALT will cause an immediate freeze on ANY route I tried (and I tried a lot). Other route alterations are less predictable. This is cleary a PSS CDU problem, as I can fly the exact same route with PMDG metal without problems. cheers

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.