Sign in to follow this  
Guest BarbadosKid

UPDATE - Solution ! ** DIRECT X Issues w/CTD problems **

Guest BarbadosKid

Hello PSS Members,1. I downloaded the latest directx 9.0c runtimes for oct 2005 from the Microsoft website along with the version 9.0 oct 2005 Direct X sdk. I installed the 9.0c runtimes updates which adds the dot net version of directx Manage Code version along with the developer runtimes from directx 9.0 sdk.2. Before loading FS9 and selecting the T7 i switch from retail to debug and back to the retail version of directx modules via the windows control panel and on both occations loading the T7 in windowed mode does not result in any CTD.3. This concludes that all systems are not equally carrying the same releases of DirectX of those used in the development of the T7 hence when loaded will dump on those systems without the current DirectX interfaces used by the PSS team.So for those having CTDS download the October 2005 runtime release of directX and the DirectX 9.0 SDK OCtober Release and your CTDS are history.Sean Batson.

Guest Airik

Sean, Thanks !!!This fixed the issues I was having loading up a flight...Eric

Where can I find directx 9.0c runtimes for oct 2005 ?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.