Sign in to follow this  

Installing Scenery

I'm trying to install the Alaskan Commuter #9 package but I have never installed new scenery before. I thought I unzipped everything to the right folder, but when I go into the game and the scenery library I cannot find the file to add the scenery. The instructions with the package are a little sparse for someone who hasn't done this before. Can someone tell me how to install the package correctly and get it working. I am interested in doing a little bush flying. Thanks for any help.

Guest Reddog

Okay just checked my files to make sure I had that scenery.Here's how I do it. Unzip the file to a temp directory, now you should have a folder called AKcm9, click on it to open and you should have two folders labeled scenery and texture and probaly a single file called scenery dat file. If you have all that your good to go.Copy or move the the AKcm9 folder with everything in it to were ever you want to keep your addon scenery, you can place it in to the addon scenery folder in FS2002 or keep it out side the sim which is what I do, I have a folder on my c drive called 2k2 scenery and all my addon scenery goes into it.Now fire up the sim bring up the scenery library, click on add scenery, you get a drop down box that you can browse to were ever you had put the AKcm9 folder, highlight it and it should show up in the scenery title box if so click ok and it should install it.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/551867.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Thanks for the help. That got it to work. Unfortunately in the process I think I accidentally deleted a file. I received an error "Scenery.cfg file error! Local scenery directory (Addon SceneryScenery) in Scenery Area.121 not found" I am assuming I deleted a file or something. If it is a default file can someone tell me how to retrieve it off the disks so I do not have to reinstall, or could you email it to me at chegueturtle@hotmail.com ? Thanks for any help.

In the default setup for FS2002 there is a folder called 'Addon Scenery' with two subfolders 'Scenery' and 'Texture'. On my system this is area 121, and judging by the error you see these folders have been deleted or renamed.Check to be sure they are there and you haven't added other subfolders in there to confuse FS2002.Just my two cents.Pepe

Thank you so much! That totally fixed the problem. I had just accidentally deleted the two folders.