Sign in to follow this  
OHN

Just a suggestion, not a complaint about user edits

I really appreciate the great work that is being done for us users so we can have free repaints, but i think it would be a good a idea if all the repaints had a readme with correct installation .cfg, some of them have errors and it is frustrating if you have no clue what is going on when you load the plane and it is not showing up or just exits to desktop.OHN

Guest OneTinSoldier

I can certainly understand that. It's a bummer to get all excited about having a new paint installed and you can hardly wait to get it fired up in the sim. You fire up the sim and you have a blank grey model. Arrrgh! People are people and they will make mistakes. I remember when I was pretty new to the sim and didn't know my way around an aircraft.cfg file from a hole in the ground. I was pretty frustrated and people that gave messy or incorrect instructions, or even worse, no Readme at all! Now that I know my way around I can fix whatever needs to be done in a (flightsim.XX) section. However, I still hate it when people do not include instructions and/or no config section at all! Just the textures!! Bah!I am the kind of person that doesn't forget what it was like to be new on the block, so I always strive to give as excellent instructions as I can. However, I am human too and make mistakes sometimes. But you will never find me not giving a Readme, instructions, and a config section even if I made a mistake in it! ;) Personally, I'm excited about making a Readme that say at least a little something. It lets people know that I'm a real person behind making the addon and it didn't just pop up on a tree growing in a field in the vast ocean of addons available.Cheers,Jimmy Richards

Just installed your Delta repaint Jimmy, well what can i say other than thx man, its a beautifull repaint, and the readme and instructions for newbs like me installing repaints this way is an example to follow.Again im not complaining about other repaints because i know you all are doing it for us all to enjoy.OHN

Guest OneTinSoldier

:) Thank You very much, and you're welcome! I'm very happy to hear you liked both the repaint and the instructions. :-jumpyJimmy Richards

I would suggest going and downloading LiveryManager from Hans Hartmann over at http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/viewtopic.php?t=719&sid=68d47010e4a5b1ba9ac098a895b26f58 ://http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpf...c098a895b26f58 it is fairly simple to use and I have used it to add new paints to many of my ac including AI.Blue SkiesKevindca-iad_sr_767-2.png

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I would like to add my thanks to all those who have enriched my simming experience through repaints, add-ons, fixes, etc.Regarding repaints in general, I would be nice to see a standard applied when uploading files. For example, if it is a PSS777 repaint, then use a PSS777 prefix in the name of the file. Or if it is a PMDG repaint, how about PMDG738 as the prefix?ThanksDom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.