Sign in to follow this  
Guest frazer

Real life pilots perspective

Hi T7-fans!I invited a friend that flies the B777-200ER for an unnamed asian company over, to try the new PSS 777 and VATSIM at the same time (it was actually his first time flying a simulator on a PC).Both me and him was quite supprised, when he's procedures normally used worked fine in the simulator as well. Almost everything worked as he was expected them to do, from the flaps extension-time to the FMC. He told me how they do it in real life, and I did it in the PSS without any problems. Very impressive!Some things he didn't like dough:- There are too many caution-sounds during cockpit-preparation. He said that he wouldn't even enter a cockpit which sounds like that ;)- After departure, the aircraft wanted to maintain like 150 knots instead of accellerating as it should. He had to manually override the speed and increase it.- On final, the ILS information in the PFD was yellow and a line over the text (don't know what it's called in english). The approach went fine, but he would have done a GA if it was in the real aircraft.- After touchdown, the A/T didn't disengage with main gear touchdown. Due to this, ha had to disengage it manually and THEN apply idle reverse.I though that I wanted to share this information with both you pilots and PSS-crew.Fly safely!PS. What's better than a tour through the real aircraft before having a flight in Flight Simulator? Here's a picture I took from the cockpit of the lovely T7:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132905.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmmm, after all it seems i'm not the only one with this AT disengage thingy:) PSS team, what should trigger the AT to disarm? Maybe i know better then where too search for a solution for this little problem...Martin

Sign in to follow this