Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jman098542

Soft altitude restrictions

Guest Jman098542

I encountered a problem with the VNAV descent profile on a recent flight. I was descending on the SADDE6 arrival into LAX. I had yet to enter any crossing restrictions, so there were the "soft" restrictions for each waypoint. When I went to enter a 12000 crossing restriction for SYMON, the soft restrictions did not recompute, as they should. The waypoint prior to SYMON, Filmore VOR, was still showing a crossing altitude of 9720. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Guest Jar172RG

I've seen something simular on my last two trips, I'll enter a crossing restriction into the legs page and the FMC will calulate a descent profile then the point after the crossing restriction waypoint the FMC shows the soft alt as my crz alt, which doesn't seem right, so far I've just come out of VNAV at that point and everything is ok, but I think something is off or maybe I'm missing something cause I have not seen this type of thing in other FMCs simular to the one in the 777, either it is still a joy to fly.

Guest Jman098542

Happened again, and this time it froze when I tried to enter a crossing restriction.

Guest jkendrix

I just froze up when I tried to change the altitude restriction as well in the LEGS portion on a waypoint. Another thing that I've noticed, is that the LEGS portion shows .838/FL410 even though my CRUISE altitude should be FL330. I've also had an instance where for some reason(don't know why) I lost the all speeds as well as altitudes from all waypoints in the LEGS portion. I placed a crossing altitude on a waypoint but all of the others didn't fill in. I also noticed that VNAV Descend didn't work, I had to hit 'Descend Dir'. However that didn't work well either since I came over my waypoint some 15K above the crossing altitude.

Guest Jman098542

can we please get some help on this? I can understand your problems with support, but for what I paid I don't think it's too much to ask.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.