Sign in to follow this  
Guest phorovsky

a little question re fsnavigator

Guest phorovsky

Hello thereI downloaded the great new 777 yesterday, and what a very long download it was!! So far everything went splendidly and I now have the new aircraft parked in my back yard!! Cannot wait to do my first flight!I have one little question for the experts. I am rather addicted to FSNavigator and do all my flight plans with that neat program. Is there a way to transfer a FSNavigator flight plan to the FMC of the 777? I do hope there is, and that it is not too difficult for me to do, bearing I mind that I am a rather old geezer who is inclined to make a mess of things!!Kind regards to PSSpaul

Guest quiet1

There isn't yet that I know of, but it will surely be made as all it will take is a small module and then you can transfer. Stay tuned to the FSNavigator site for info.

Guest Trans_601

I too use FS Nav a lot, would love to this this feature implemented if possible.

Guest 777workingtogether

I think you need to export to FS2004 then reimport using the CDU.

Guest HeavyMetal

That is correct. The Tripple 7s CDU will import the FS2004 flight plan created using FSNav.. Works quite well..------------------------------------------------------------------Joe F."It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Andy_B

Yep you do exactly that!Create your flightplan in FSNavigator as you usually would, then export that flightplan from FSnav to FS9.Then its a simple case of just opening the FS9 plan from the FMC in the B772. looks like Joe beat me to it by less than a minute :-)

Guest sb55mv

rgr to all above, just click on rte, then Other Routes, then you will see FS Routes in an option farther down on LSK4 or 5 if I'm not mistaken.simple as that, I don't even think we need an export module for this, as all you do in FS Nav is export it to FS9, then just open it from the CDU, you don't need to go into FS9 > Flight Planner > Route > Load > etc

Guest phorovsky

Hello there all you very friendly and helpful people!Many, many thanks for your great advice!Greetings from sunny South Africa!paul

Guest phorovsky

Hello there all you very friendly and helpful people!Many, many thanks for your great advice!Greetings from sunny South Africa!paul

Thanks to the forum, I hadn't realised before that FSnavigator plans were exportable to the PSS cdu. I actually find it better because I was not always able to capture the LOC with a STAR route.This way, I can make sure I am crossing the LOC far enough out to give this baby enough manouevering room to line up with the runway and reduce zig zag corrections. Hallelujah!!!Ron

Ron Service

Guest jbinner

I do the same thing with FSBuild plans for now. :) Works great!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.