Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

American Airlines repaints

Guest lalo lolo1

I know that there are two in the users edit so far, but the metal reflection looks so different depending on the weather conditions that I did 4 different versions, here is a pic of each.Just willing to share any of these files with anyone who wants to get them.P.S. PSS guys, please have respect and don't delete this (you have done it before) without at least telling me why.ThanksLeo

Guest lalo lolo1

John,Not only did that last week, being my textures trashed by PSS, but also all my posts in which I had attached images of that repaint were deleted from this forum without any explanation.Just try to figure how I felt about it, when I had put all my effort an hours I could have spent playing with my kids time into something that was treated like garbage.The question is, will PSS do the same if I send them to you?Thanks,Leo

Guest lalo lolo1

Ok, John. I will send them later today when I land the AAL 772 I am flying now :).They are 4 different sets of textures, do you have any preference based on the pics in this thread, or do I send the 4?Thanks again,Leo

Guest bjjones

AA is one of those repaints youll never get perfect in all conditions just by nature of the fact it's reflective, for example in low light once nighttime kicks in, alpha loses all it's ability to make textures shiny, it's job then is to look after light splashes so high alpha paints all of a sudden become dull and completely flat, It also depends what the painter has used for reference, especially with photoreal paints, put it in the same conditions as the photograph used and it just looks right, for example this is mine which I believe is availablehttp://www.avsim.com/pss/screenshots/777_15.jpgPut that in dull or low level light and it loses that character, I've yet to find a good AA paint that looks spot on in all conditions and all times of day as you would with more standard liveries.

Guest pedroz

Hello guys:Those painting are gorgeous. I am looking for 773.areyou going to develop one for the 300?THanksPedro

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I've yet to find a good AA paint that looks spot on in all conditions and all times of day as you would with more standard liveries.You never will. If you look at AAL aircraft enough, there is virtually an infinite amount of looks that the metal could possibly acquire depending on time of day, what's above/below it, light quality, visibility, etc. And that's not counting the ground metal, which changes every time the aircraft moves even a milimeter.That's why one settles for one look and makes different versions to fit the times of the day.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.