Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Sounds good?- Unfortunately not!

Hello there!I was just wondering if anyone can answer my question?It's just regarding the sound pack used on the T7-200LR, although i'm presuming the same sound pack has been used for all T7 models. I really do not like the sound pack on the T7. It sounds very similar to the Airbus A330/A340, especially the autopilot and autothrottle disconnect, as well as some if not all the GPWS sounds. In my opinion, it doesn't replicate the GE engines at all. I was wondering if anyone knows if i can swap the sound pack with some of the freeware versions out there, which sound a lot more realisitic!Are PSS planning to create a REAL Boeing sound pack for this aircraft?I'm really disappointed as the sound pack is one of those things that if it's not done properly can 'ruin' the realism of a package!Sorry PSS, but it's the one real 'floor' with the product!RegardsJames

Guest bigun

Sounds are good to me. Since I've never been in the cockpit of a 777, I'll take the word of PSS that they are pretty realistic.One thing I DO know is that many times folks expect the sounds in the cockpit to sound like those heard in the passenger compartment. It aint so! From the couple of RW aircraft I have been in (the cockpit that is) which is a 737-600 and an MD80, they sound NOTHING like what you hear in the passenger compartment.PS Been in a DC3 too but that just tells my age:-hah

I totally agree, James. This is something PSS should take into consideration for an upcoming patch.As already mentioned in my post some days ago which was not noticed (can't really blame PSS here, there are more important issues with the T7), the GPWS callouts and other cockpit sounds need replacements.- Master Caution wailer is too slow, just doesn't sound right in comparison to the real tone- Autopilot and autothrottle disconnect sounds are somehow superposed with the same sounds as in Concorde, Airbus- GPWS ground proximity callouts are definitely Airbus style- As for the regular callouts, "500", "300", "50", "Approaching Minimums" and "Minimums" are missing (I know, airline options allow for this, but I'd prefer to have them ;-))- I'm quite sure that Boeing uses a more modern GPWS voice for their recent 777s. Some people who have seen recent cockpit videos might know what I'm talking about - for reference, have a look at this video (I know it's a 747, but makes no difference in this case): http://www.fsaviation.com/~airvideo/a340/1a/bc/747sfo.zipSo I hope PSS will comment on these issues now, because I think correct ambient sounds are very important for the immersion. I'm certainly not a developer, but I guess it can't be too hard to replace those sounds.Regards,Holger.

>PS Been in a DC3 too but that just tells my age:-hah not necessarily i've loaded DC3s and DC4s back in the 70s flying out of Southend airport, but there are still DC3s flying today and not just in displays they are still being used as viable transport aircraft, even in the UK.

Guest aarskringspier

could we please get a minimums call; the rest i can live without but minimums is very nice to have.

Guest Pro-Sim

Adding my two-penneth;Disappointed with the lack of attention to the Sound package;- No Electrical Buzz in cockpit before engine start. Utter silence. ruins the realism of hte environment when preparing the plane.- Far too many "off the shelf" PSS sounds from old Airbus and Concorde ... come on PSS ! At least new AP sounds and Signs sounds.- Too much engine sound in the cockpit and not enough wind sound.All - there are other 777 Sound files on Avsim and they're really easy to install.I have already replaced mine.David.

Guest Trans_601

I'm not getting ANY extra sounds, GPWS, V1, VR, V2 or anything! Those files aren't even in my sound folder! Wierd...

Guest NormanB

>I'm not getting ANY extra sounds, GPWS, V1, VR, V2 or>anything! Those files aren't even in my sound folder!>Wierd...Not weird at all. They are compiled within the gauge.

Norman, V1, V2 and VR are compiled?I have never heard them.BTW, any update of the new FDE and load utility?Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Guest Trans_601

Cheers Norman. What extra sounds are included? I found nothing except "Glideslope".

hii never hear a V1 ROTATE or V@ from a co-pilot, is this correct or am i missing something?i mean is this is the package or not?Also i cant hear the spoliers when i deploy them to reduce speed in the air, is this correct in real life, you cant hear them?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest NormanB

>Norman, V1, V2 and VR are compiled?>I have never heard them.Sorry, I should have been more precise :)If there are sounds you are hearing but cant find an associated wav file for this is because they are included within the gauge.>BTW, any update of the new FDE and load utility?A lot of activity within the testers/developers forum. I dont have a definitive answer though.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.