Sign in to follow this  
JayBirdski

Repaint QC and coordination

I really appreciate all the work some of the painters have put in already but there are some issues that I think will ultimately have to be dealt with by PSS if we as end users don't want to get saddled with it. My first issue concerns the UAL repaints specifically. I purchased the PSS UAL livery, installs, works and looks great. It created a texture.ual folder. No problem. Now there are 2 additional UAL repaints up there and guess what, they also want/need a texture.ual folder. Houston we have a problem. I have unsuccessfully tried just changing the folder name and the corresponding texture entry in the aircraft.cfg with no success. The plane shows up as an entry but the preview doesnt' work and it will not load with an initialization failure. I addition there are entries that place it in the 300ER category but yet is a 200LR. The Lauda paint, well, it just doesn't show up at all. Installation instructions were included but I feel they must be overlooking something. In addition some of the paints have a .ini within the texture folder itself. Does it serve a purpose? Is there already or will someone please test these prior to posting to make sure there are no known conflicts and that the config files, folders and necessary files are all there and correct? Or am I just being a moron for not knowing how to fix these as is and being able to work it out myself? Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest Phoenix_7

sorry but useredit repaints are provided as is by the painter and not directly supported by PSSany problems should be brought to the painters attentionJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Just had a look and realized the problem with the 777-200LR UAL paint, it appears they've uploaded my old version of the UAL 200LR (my bad for sending through multiple versions).In the new version I'd renamed the texture folder to UALOC to avoid any conflicts as well as fixed the sim= configuration line change from the pre-prerelease.I'll get them to upload the proper 200LR version now.The 300ER should work fine.Jeremy Lio

Guest NormanB

Any that I have uploaded I have tended to modify the folder name and readme to prevent this very problem.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.