Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

My sincere thanks

To John and Norman and in particular to PSS user Sean Batson,My thanks to you for your assistance and investigation into the CTD issue. I initially had VC/external lighting issues which I have now resolved, and the subsequent CTD on loading appears to have been fixed with the help of Sean's directx update suggestion. I'm about to fly a trans atlantic night flight so we'll see how that turns out.Once again my thanks, this is exactly what good forums should be all about, not the whining and moaning so prevalent lately!Cheers

Guest delafran

Hey Mark,Would you mind posting what you did to solve the issues? There is so much activity flying (pardon the punn) around, that problems and solutions aren't always right beside one another.BTW: Is there a minimum directx level that should be installed for the 777?ThanksMarkPS: Forgive my ignorance, I am still trying to remember all the acronyms... What is CTD?

Hi there,I downloaded the directx software redistributable (OCt 2005) from microsoft.com and installed it to fix a CTD (crash to desktop) where the plane would load up then 10 or so seconds later, flight sim would quit. If you don't experience that issue then I wouldn't worry about that right now.As for the lighting, the first thing is to check out the forum for posts about VC lighting and external lighting not working.The solution I was referring to in this thank you post was this one:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchIn (very brief) summary: Make sure your default FS flight (the one you see when it starts up) has the cessna with master on and avionics master on. Always run your 777 flights from this default. If the lights in the 777 still don't work then try the avionics master key command (shift-m I think). That should make the lights come on correctly.If the advice in the various posts doesn't help you, then feel free to come back and somebody will help you out. Best of luck mate!Cheers!

Guest delafran

Mark, My direct is the same. I was worried about having an old version.ThanksMark

Sign in to follow this