Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trans_601

A desperate mans plea!

Guest Trans_601

I've asked this quesion before, and a helpful member helped me out, I wrote down his post on a bit of paper - and did what he said - no luck, still having the same problem. Here is the topic I am referring to: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=5535&mode=fullI don't want to use VNAV and LNAV, as sometimes I don't want to use the FMC for every flight. I wish to be able to change my heading, altitude and speed using the AP manually.What happens is, the airplane banks rapidly from left to right, with a huge decent rate crashing into the deck, the autothrottle speed hold also isn't working.I would really appreciate any help given here, I have had the 772LR for 3 days and I have been unable to do a full IFR flight. Cheers,

Guest NormanB

>I would really appreciate any help given here, I have had the>772LR for 3 days and I have been unable to do a full IFR>flight. Joe,The best suggestion is to follow John's tutorial, word for word. Once you have completed that flight you will be able to put your newfound skills into practise on other routes.

Guest Trans_601

I've done that, I had everything set up perfectly, went to turn on the AP when it told me to after take off, she did what it's been doing the whole time.I've poured over, the panel tutorial, and thought I had it, but nope - still banking crazily and pitching down.If possible, could you post up a little tutorial on how to use the AP without LNAV and VNAV with screenshots? It would be greatly appreciated!

Guest glide

Right then here we goproblem 1 pitch downif you are getting a crazy pitch down it suggests to me that you have not set a target altitude in the alt window, you must also check that you have set the correct pitch trim, this is obtainable from the fmc if gross/zfw/ and CG is entered correctly.problem 2 crazy bankingif this is occurring after AP selected then you should check your heading bug is on runway heading or press heading hold if this is still happening then you have probably got a panel glitch which i have also experienced by not starting fs with default flight ...ect(full negative trim suddenly ...unrecovorable eveb with ap off!)mini tutorial-set fuel half full-set up FMC regardless of using LNAV VNAV (essential)-engines running at end off runway-enter 15000 feet in the alt window-flaps to 15 degrees-set trim for take off 7.5 too 8 should be ok for heavy aircraft-arm auto throttle enter speed of 250 knots in to speed window(this is not realistic but will work for you as it will cut down on your work load) it would really be v2 +10 then you would press clb/con button at accelleration height.-flight director on-advance throttles 70%-right click on a/t double switch, A/T should engage & n1 should increase automaticaly to take off thrust and aircraft start to rollrotate at vr and keep pitch indicator in the Flight directors horizontal magenta pitch bar.-gear up-adjust the pitch trim so that the nos of the aircraft will stay on this bar if you take your hand off the joystick -retract the flaps as you accellerate according to the flap schedule on the PFD speed tapeNOW PRESS AUTO PILOT BUTTONaircraft should climb to 15000ft and level off you should remain straight and level-now you can experiment with the heading bug, select a new heading and press the white button with SEL in the middle.- if want to change alt then select a new alt in the alt window say 20000ft and eith press flch or the VSFPA button i suggest VSVPA just to the left of the alt adjust switch-press vs and 0000 will appear on the window you can now tell at what rate you wish it to climb (dont forget that if you command to great a verticle speed your airspeed may detioriate and you can stall so watch the air speed-and there you have ithope this helpskav

Guest glide

Oh i meant to askare you able to hand fly the aircraft ok with manual throttles no autopilot or auto throttles?kav

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.