Sign in to follow this  
drom

Repaint Troubleshooting/Help (including UAL 200LR exam...

Hi,Okay my UAL 200LR repaint is turning into a nightmare and I'm sick of bothering support to fix it. They've uploaded the correct texture with the old readme file now so I'll take it as near enough is good enough, I'll post the proper configuration lines here as an example.NOTE: PSS Support if you read this please change my readme to the details below when you get a chance, I included it as part of the zip file I sent you yesterday but for some reason you uploaded only my texture and not the readme.Norman, John, if you do get around to reading this perhaps you could add a section like this as a sticky or add it to the livery list as a help file. It should answer a lot of questions (I hope).FOR ALL REPAINTSA few quick tips for getting ANY repaints to work if you encounter trouble.Double check the following lines:fltsim.# -> If this number is not correct you will not see the repaint in the drop down list.sim=PSSB777LR-GE -> This is a very important line, it needs to be correct for the repaint to load. If in doubt always check the default entry for the Boeing Worldliner and make sure they are EXACTLY the same.model=novc, model= -> Two seperate config. entries are required, one blank and 'novc' and the other novc. If one of these configuration entries is missing the texture will fail to load (If confused see example below).texture=UALOC -> This determines where the sim will look for the textures to load. In this case it will be looking in a folder called 'texture.UALOC'. This entry MUST be unique for the aircraft model.ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PSS -> Determines where in the 'Aircraft Manufacturer' dropdown list the aircraft will be located.ui_type="777-200LR No VC Model" -> Determines in which catergory in 'Aircraft Model' dropdown list the aircraft will be located.ui_variation=United Airlines OC -> Determines the name in the 'Variation' field of 'Select Aircraft'. This entry MUST be unique for the aircraft model.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133121.jpgEXAMPLE - UNITED AIRLINES 200LR CONFIGURATION1) Change the folder for this texture to 'texture.UALOC' 2) Ensure # is the next number in your configuration files (check the bottom of the file incase you have any addditions down there).fltsim.# (Add square brackets - this forum removes them)title=PSS Boeing 777-200LR United Airlinessim=PSSB777LR-GEmodel=panel=sound=texture=UALOCatc_id=N129UAatc_airline=Unitedatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PSSui_type="777-200LR VC Model"ui_variation=United Airlines OCdescription=THE PSS 777 TEAM ARE:n--------------------------------------------------------n Panel Programming: Alex Baskatov n Panel Art: Lena Bashkatov n Model: Graham Waterfield n Textures: Ben Jones n Virtual Cockpit: Anthony Waterfield n FDE: Eugene "Schtirlitz" Schneider n Sounds: Mike Hambly n Research: Robert Kirklandn Support - Web: Norman Blackburn, Alex Greenland n Weather Radar: Florian "AOG" Praxmarernn Special Thanks Goes Out To:nAdam Gaweda, Cyrille DeLattre, Michael Benson, Richard Green, Lee Holland, Steve Cullen, Terry Scanlan, Mark Richards, Joe Park, Chris File, Bob Scott.nnCopyright Phoenix Simulation Software © 2005" www.phoenix-simulation.co.uknnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS. "atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=RAMP,GATEatc_parking_codes=UALfltsim.# (Add square brackets - this forum removes them)title=PSS Boeing 777-200LR United Airlines No VCsim=PSSB777LR-GEmodel=novcpanel=sound=texture=UALOCatc_id=N129UAatc_airline=Unitedatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PSSui_type="777-200LR No VC Model"ui_variation=United Airlines OCdescription=THE PSS 777 TEAM ARE:n--------------------------------------------------------n Panel Programming: Alex Baskatov n Panel Art: Lena Bashkatov n Model: Graham Waterfield n Textures: Ben Jones n Virtual Cockpit: Anthony Waterfield n FDE: Eugene "Schtirlitz" Schneider n Sounds: Mike Hambly n Research: Robert Kirklandn Support - Web: Norman Blackburn, Alex Greenland n Weather Radar: Florian "AOG" Praxmarernn Special Thanks Goes Out To:nAdam Gaweda, Cyrille DeLattre, Michael Benson, Richard Green, Lee Holland, Steve Cullen, Terry Scanlan, Mark Richards, Joe Park, Chris File, Bob Scott.nnCopyright Phoenix Simulation Software © 2005" www.phoenix-simulation.co.uknnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS. "atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=RAMP,GATEatc_parking_codes=UALHope this helps someone!If you have any questions or queries regarding this post please email at jermslio@gmail.comRegardsJeremy Lio

Perfect, Used the .cfg posted here and all is good again. Thanks for the extra effort Jeremy. Now if we can just talk Norman into touching it one more time to get the readme right. Won't be long before this thread gets buried and your fix will require a treasure hunt in order to be found. Better to nip this one in the bud and be done with it rather than add to anyones frustration level in the future.Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.