Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Two issues for the Known Issues List

Today, I had an absolutely PERFECT flight from KORD - KDEN. As usual, I am flying not testing, or verifying or looking for bugs but I did notice the following irregularities that are not posted above:1 - FMC EXEC light does not illuminate when an EXEC procedure is required. For instance after setting up the RTE and EXEC is required which is prompted by the EXEC light. I have not seen this light on.2 - When the START switches are set to "start" the lower MFD should switch automatically to ENG regardless of the mode its in. It does not do this at this time.3 - FMC should NOT clear the route each time the runway is changed on the RTE page. Right now if a FP is loaded and one enters the runway designation, a change to that runway requires the route to be reloaded. This is incorrect...the runway entry has nothing to do with the route and should never clear it.4 - The Autothrottles should disconnect when the throttles are manually set to reverse thrust. The pilot should not have to manually disengage the A/T to enter reverse thrust. Right now R/T is locked out with A/T on.5 - This has been mentioned by I don't see on the list - Autobrakes should switch to DISARM when manual braking is engaged. (actually started with 2 :-lol )These are things that I noticed, no show stoppers and I guess its up to PSS if these "design choices" are fixable or not. At the end of the day its up to how realistic ya wanna make it.Today, the T7 did a picture perfect autoland - which was badly needed at KDEN due to low vis and snow! I found that after tweaking MY system to keep frame rates up the autoland worked like a charm. In situations where framerates get too jerky, the aircraft will wander the LOC and GS. The T7 kissed the runway solidly without the over exagerated flare built into other autolands. As a rule of thumb you don't flare a heavy, you let it settle into ground effect and fly it all the way to the runway; Great Job.Still, one of the best flights I've had since I've been flying MSFS and enourmously satisfying!!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133135.jpgUAL 264 Safely at the Gate at KDEN

Guest Knikolaes

>1 - FMC EXEC light does not illuminate when an EXEC procedure>is required. For instance after setting up the RTE and EXEC>is required which is prompted by the EXEC light. I have not>seen this light on.My EXEC light lights at all pojnts where needed. >>2 - When the START switches are set to "start" the lower MFD>should switch automatically to ENG regardless of the mode its>in. It does not do this at this time.I noticed this as well.>>3 - FMC should NOT clear the route each time the runway is>changed on the RTE page. Right now if a FP is loaded and one>enters the runway designation, a change to that runway>requires the route to be reloaded. This is incorrect...the>runway entry has nothing to do with the route and should never>clear it.Mine does not have that issue. I can change runways to me heart's content and the route stays intact.>>4 - The Autothrottles should disconnect when the throttles are>manually set to reverse thrust. The pilot should not have to>manually disengage the A/T to enter reverse thrust. Right now>R/T is locked out with A/T on.I have the same issue. I think this is already on their list. I started watching the MFD and manually disconnecting the A/T when the MFD says "Idle". Not sure if this is on their fix list but several people have mentioned it.>>5 - This has been mentioned by I don't see on the list ->Autobrakes should switch to DISARM when manual braking is>engaged. I thought this was an FS limitation -- never ever had an AC disengage autobrake when manually braking. Some of the PMDG series disconnect it right as the AC comes to a full stop. I hope I am wrong on this, though, as that would be a cool feature. As a result of my AC acting like that in FS I have not used Autobrakes since FS2002.>Today, the T7 did a picture perfect autoland - which was badly>needed at KDEN due to low vis and snow! Do you by chance have MegaCity Denver and Imaginesim KDEN? Makes for a GREAT arrival in the T7 :-) My only issue is the T7 "chases" the localizor like crazy, but I love hand flying the approach in her. I see you mentioned framerates. I'll try an autoland at a default airport and see if that improves my "wondering">UAL 264 Safely at the Gate at KDENDon't forget to take a quick cup o' tea and do that 23-hour world record flight as well **smiles**

Hey Christopher:Actually both the LDS and PMDG aircraft properly disengage the autobrakes when manual braking is applied. Unless I am totally insane, I've never had to switch off the A/B manually, before...I don't have Megacity denver, but I am thinking about it. Of course, the Imaginesim KDEN is wonderful.Yeah, I have my eye on the 23 hour flight. I might go for it!

Guest Knikolaes

Maybe it's my system then. I'll try again this weekend. I have tests this week for classes :-(If you do that flight, definately post how it goes :-) More time than I have I am afraid LOL. I VERY highly recommend that Megacity. Th ONLY thing I do NOT like about it is that they made the area jut a tad too small on borders. KDEN is thus located near the edge of the add-on. This can be understood as it is aimed at GA pilots flying out of KAPA and Jeffco, but still KDEN seems a bit wierd at times when on takeoff or approach you see that scenery edge standng out so intensely (both winter and summer textures stand out). But I still love it and fly my cessnas over Denver a lot.To give a hint of it's detail, I was able to send screenshots to a former roommate. I circled, to her amazement, not only the townhomes where she lives, but the sidwalk leading up TO her door, the trees where her kids play and where she parks her car! Showed her both her daughter's schools, where she goes to work and other attractions in Denver. She thought I sent her actual photos and couldn;'t believe till I proved with my computer it really was flight simulator.And for the PSS 777 -- the textures are light. Imaginesim KDEN has some frame hits on that LOC approach, I know, but the MegaCity has no impact at all. On my system I get better framerates with PSS aircraft (and other AC as well) over Megascenery add-ons than over the default terrain!.Off to bed with me . . . lemme know if I can help in some way with the EXEC light issue. Still works fine for me. I'll try the autobrake again this weekend.

Guest Phoenix_7

>1 - FMC EXEC light does not illuminate when an EXEC procedure>is required. For instance after setting up the RTE and EXEC>is required which is prompted by the EXEC light. I have not>seen this light on.-not seeing this with the 2D panel, but do see it with the VC panel>2 - When the START switches are set to "start" the lower MFD>should switch automatically to ENG regardless of the mode its>in. It does not do this at this time.-this is not included>3 - FMC should NOT clear the route each time the runway is>changed on the RTE page. Right now if a FP is loaded and one>enters the runway designation, a change to that runway>requires the route to be reloaded. This is incorrect...the>runway entry has nothing to do with the route and should never>clear it.-it will clear the route if a star is attached to the runway>4 - The Autothrottles should disconnect when the throttles are>manually set to reverse thrust. The pilot should not have to>manually disengage the A/T to enter reverse thrust. Right now>R/T is locked out with A/T on.-my A/T disconnects when I press F2 for reverse>5 - This has been mentioned by I don't see on the list ->Autobrakes should switch to DISARM when manual braking is>engaged. -the 777 uses the default FS autobrake code, as such it cannot detect when the brakes are appliedJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.