Sign in to follow this  
opherben

Two Issues- Handling and Performance

Hello,Handling: I have seen previous reports of the aircraft overspeeding and losing altitude after takeoff, but have neither been able to trace them by searching, nor remember whether the issue was acknowledged by PSS.I second this issue with the following details: it is random, once in 20-30 flights. All my PSS B777-300ER flights are started by first fully loading the FS9 default flight, 450,000-500,000 Lb TOGW, longitudinal C.G. values 20-25% MAC. A/P engaged after takeoff with LNAV and VNAV active and A/T armed. TOGA selected during the initial T/O roll. The aircraft accelerates ignoring FMC speed reference, drops the nose at around 2000ft altitude, flies grossly off the track, then A/P, LNAV and VNAV lights extinguish. Regardless of pilot action, normal aircraft behaviour in autoflight cannot be regained.Performance: While cruising with CI 45 (BA) Mach 0.821 at FMC calculated OPT ALT, I noticed that the thrust required rating was ~20%N1 lower than CRZ rating limit, which does not make sense, it is inefficient. Cross-checking the supplied performance tables, made for Mac 0.84 cruise, I noticed that both OPT ALT and MAX ALT values are higher than the FMC calculates by around 1500-2000ft. I have not checked performance values for mach 0.84 cruise, but think that the FMC should take into account its calculated cruise speed when solving for cruise altitudes.

Hello,I find it interesting and somewhat odd that no one seemed to make any sort of response. Hope it is due to workload, and not that the issues are too obscure or unimportant.

>Hello,>I find it interesting and somewhat odd that no one seemed to>make any sort of response. Hope it is due to workload, and not>that the issues are too obscure or unimportant.Hi, you are not the only one with ignored topics, be patient, sometimes, someone with the same problem comes up, and HE gets the answer. As for your problem, I had similar trouble, wich was solved by Un-installing FS, deleting all the leftover folders, runing a system registry check, basically to make sure that there is nothing of FS left, then re-installing FS9 and installing the 777 from PSS before anything else. Solved 90% of the problems, except for the WX radar (Doesn't work) the 300ER's nose shifts up and down (Smoothly, but it is annoying) and the contact points are not quite there yet. Anyway, doing that, made the T7 flyable for me, wich made me happy. I just pray for a service pack from PSS that solves all of these problems, that A LOT of people are having. :D

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.