Sign in to follow this  
Guest Senior Captain

Emergency help requierd

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Im having a great time with the 777LR and not having any problems other than the ones Norman has mentioned. But I am unable to do a hold in the 777LR or return to the original airport if there is an emergency. I have read everything but Im obviously doing something wrong. Otherwise im having a great time with my new Plane. Help.

Guest NormanB

Holds are very simple and can be at a waypoint, a beacon or indeed your present position.Page 25 of the FMC manual covers this well.To return to the departure field the chances are that you are way too heavy so will need to hold and get rid of fuel before making your approach.The way I do it is no doubt wrong but it works especially when its no longer showing as an ALTN - simply enter in the arrival field as you did on the ground during setup.

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Norman. Thanks for the reply, I will try the last part as I did do a manual hold dumping fuel before trying to land overweight. Ill let you know if it works as 99% of my flights have gone without a hitch. I will put it through practice flight for me to see what I may have done wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.