Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Silencing the radios?

OK, probably my fault and I missed something in the manuals but how do you shut off the beeping of the Nav radios without just changing the frequency in the CDU? So far that is the only way I have been able to get the beeping to stop. Thanks in advance, sorry for the trivial question.Love the 777.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

If I am understanding you correctly (and it is very early in the morning here) you probably have a small light showing at the bottom of the second part down of the radio panel - hit the arrow button beside it and the light should go out and the beeps stop.

Hi Bill. I have tried clicking every button on the radio stack and nothing silences it but changing the frequency in the CDU. I believe you are referring to the VOR dial. I get the beeping even if the light is off. I am using a default startup situation with mixture off and everything else on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance,Weird,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi John,Thanks for the quick response, greatly appreciated. It is the morse ident that I am hearing but unfortunately clicking the circle you have identified does not turn it off. It seems like no matter what I do I can not "mute" the beeping. Obviously it is something with me otherwise a bunch of people would be complaining as well. I wonder if I have the ident on in my default flight I am saving. Regardless though, clicking that arrow should mute it but it isn't. Not the end of the world but I would love to figure it out. The more I fly her the more I love her. Thanks,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix_7

the red cisle will be illuminated if it is selectedclick the knob with the arrow right of the red circle to turn it offJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Yep, I get the beeping light on or light off...Gott be me,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

John,THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I just remembered what it was when you posted the keystrokes. I have to go and delete all of those key assignments. Everytime I move my view in ActiveCamera I am turning the radios on and off in the background. I had this issue before I should have remembered. Ok, I am an A@@ LOL,Thanks again, I really appreciate it,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Thanks for the help Bill, you were understanding me correctly :)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.