Sign in to follow this  
Guest nicoma

Sleewing of the runway in crosswind. Advice needed..

Guest nicoma

Hi all!I have still some problem to land the big T7 if i have crosswind more then 15kt. I intercept the localizer and ILS and manage correct speed as shown in CDU approach phase. Autopilot on when landing.After landing i reduse speed and has set autrobrake to max auto.But the aircraft rudder still seems to be to weak.. I readed about some setting in radiopanel tried every thing in this panel.. I need some advice here. I readed the documentation but can't find anything about this. The tutorial was at wind calm.. So PSS Please help me about this problem.. I have no other problem with the 772LRF or the 773ER.. All setting for the yoke and rudder is default.The compensation for crosswind seems to work when on final. Problem occur AFTER landed...At last i have posted here aboout this 3 time before and never got any answer from PSS staff, so please help me now.. SincerelyNicolaus Malmgren

Guest dt1951

I know there are crosswind component limits using autoland in the real aircraft. I just don't know what those limits are. Perhaps someone with real 777 experience can chime in here.

Guest nicoma

Hi again!!Any else that can give me some hints. Again problem occurs after landing. What do i handle wrong?? This aircraft is the only one that i experience this strange problem!(Have levelD, SSW, PMDG's, PSS Airbuses RFPB Second edition and never experienced this) And please why do not PSS Staff answer my question??Is there other out there that can confirm this problem??SincerelyNicolaus Malmgren

Guest Phoenix_7

if your crosswind is more than 15kts you may be over the limitwhat are you doing at touchdown, you should be turning the AP off and taking control of the steeringJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest nicoma

Thank you for your answer John! Than confirms that i do it right..15 kts is the limit.. Turning of the AP direct at Touchdown. I turn of the AP to late and therefore to late to correcting the "Sleewing fenomen" Thank for your reply. Now i know how to fix that..SincerelyNicolaus Malmgren

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.