Sign in to follow this  
Gryphon

Reversing the T7

I've had a look through the various topics but can't find anything on this so far.Should it be possible to back a T7 away from the gate using Reverse Thrust? If so I can't make it happen (and I have turned the parking brake off :( )Is there a quick fix to give the reversers more bite?They seem pretty ineffective when landing too. I am getting a full spool up on the engine power, and the engine cowlings shift into the correct mode, but the brakes work better than the reversers.I think there was a similar problem with another PSS addon a couple of years back, and there was a simple fix, but I can't remember which plane and which part of the model needed modification.I only use PSS add-ons, hence being certain is was a previous PSS model.Anyone know the quick fix?Richard

Guest dt1951

Since the engines are mounted below the wings, it is likely those type of operations are forbidden. They are in the 737NG.

The problem with using reversers with wing mounted engines is that they can will suck things into an engine, like people (FOD). That is why you are to cut off reversers at 60 knots. Plus the reversers are to only assist with stopping and the brakes do most of the work.

Hello,I'm not at home at the moment so can't test this on the 777, however it shouldn't generally matter how much reverse thrust you apply as the deceleration is uniform through the autobrake setting.Ie if you use tonnes and tonnes of reverse there will be very little braking, similarly if you use very little reverse most of the deceleration is provided by braking.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/BTr.../phxbanner2.jpg

You would never "powerback" any aircraft with wing mounted engines from the gate. Secondly, with high-bypass ratio turbofans, the reversers are not designed to give full dry thrust back through the reversers as only a portion of thrust is diverted through the reverser ports. Therfore, in the case of the T7 it would require tremendous amounts of thrust to push it backwards from the gate, if it is even possible... not to mention the debris, people and equipment you would suck into the huge GE-90s. Aircraft with reverser buckets that divert the full thrust backwards can powerback (such as the B737-100/200, MD-80, etc.) AND in the case of the 731-2, it is rarely done.On landing, the reversers are used to HELP slow to aircraft and not meant to be your main brakes. As a matter of fact, depending on the length of the runway, reversers are not necessary at all. Reversers are "as required". At 80 knots you should be out of reverse and autobrakes and should be applying manual braking.

Guest matsuman

What are you guys talking about here, you are discussing real aircraft reverse situation. There is a problem with this PSS 777 simulator, it will not reverse after landing. Number of people are experiencing this. They mentioned about F2 keyboard, on idle disconnect the A/T before touching down, etc....This model should reverse on landing no matter what, just like PMDG and LVLD on their models. I don't care what the real aircraft does in the real world.Kin M.(KLAX)

Hello Kin,>What are you guys talking about here, you are discussing real>aircraft reverse situation. Surley thats what the simulation should do - simulate the real situation. The replies by myself and others outlined that it isn't possible to maneouver the aircraft backwards with reverse thrust.>There is a problem with this PSS>777 simulator, it will not reverse after landing. Number of>people are experiencing this. They mentioned about F2>keyboard, on idle disconnect the A/T before touching down,>etc....I haven't had this problem, but realise others have and we are attempting to narrow down the problem and solve it.>This model should reverse on landing no matter what, just like>PMDG and LVLD on their models. Wrong - there are situations where reverse is not on landing whatever what. PMDG modelled a 747/737, LVLD modelled a 767 - the PSS should not do exactly the same as these models as the aircraft are very different.>I don't care what the real>aircraft does in the real world.Like I said above you purchased a simulation of a 777 to recreate what it does in the real world. I am at a loss as to what you actually want PSS to model if it is not the real world??Thankshttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/BTr.../phxbanner2.jpg

Hi!BTW.I`m getting a Reverse Thrust of over 94% N1 in my 772(LR+LRF),but only 55% in the 773.Is there a Way to adjust this,or is this what the Real Aircraft can do? Thanks! Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

The original poster didn't say he had a problem with reverse thrust, he was asking if he could power back from the gate (or how it should be done)...this has nothing to do with your no reverse thrust issue.If you don't care what the aircraft does in the real world why not just skip over this thread since the ORIGINAL POSTER asked questions that we answered. I believe that you are NOT the original poster?

Guest matsuman

Michael,>>>Wrong - there are situations where reverse is not on landing whatever what<<

Guest matsuman

Mike,When i was searching for "REVERSE" topic because of the reverse problem on landing. I got to this post and went ahead and response to it. And yes...the topic was about getting more juice on the reverse power.BTW...i do care what the aircraft does in the real world.thanks,Kin M.(KLAX)

Should it be possible to back a T7 away from the gate using Reverse Thrust? If so I can't make it happen (and I have turned the parking brake off )Thats the part of the message I responded to. You came late and acted like we didnt answer your question which was never asked.

All,Thanks for the various responses to my original query.I have no problems with the reverse function at all, it works absolutely fine with my set up (HOTAS Cougar), all I was wondering about was the level of 'bite' that the reversers have. My aim was to establish whether tey had sufficient bite as you could not reverse away from a gate - something that a number of planes can do, but not apparently the T7 (probably for all the right FOD/blast reasons).The reversers seem fairly ineffective (I think this may have been raised before), but if the load is normally accepted by the wheel brakes, then the reverser power does not need to be high. I, possibly wrongly, assumed that as the 330 and 340 can 'back-up', the T7 ought to as well.Richard (and I am the original poster!)

Hello,the word never is wrong. It is highly uncommon in most transport aircraft and airports, but not all.As example, I clearly remember backing-up from a Memphis TN gate as passenger, using DC-9/ MD80 thrust reversers. It took place around 1982 when that airport named after Elvis Presley I think, was inaugurated. >You would never "powerback" any aircraft with wing mounted>engines from the gate. >

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.