Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

An Honest review of the FSAvionics Garmins

I am not saying it is dishonest just not as informative as it could be. For some unsuspecting fellow it may sound like a complete solution yet the author doesn't even mention such issues as HSI/CDI integration - very important for pilots who want to fly manually. If one writes about such sophisticated piece of instrument (for sophisticated simmers I presume !) such issues should not be swept under the rug and if he had no time to explore those areas - it should have been stated.Michael J.

Michael,Do you own the FSGarmin530 or 430? FSGarmins are a VERY good solution. To state otherwise shows your hidden agenda.Bob L

> To state otherwise shows your hidden agenda. Yes, of course I completely forgot about it. :-blaMichael J.

> Yes, of course I completely forgot about it.It must have become such an integral part of your thinking, hey Michael?You never pass up an opportunity to bag FSGarmin and talk up RealityXP in almost sickening terms do you?Why can't we take a balanced position and just recognise that both products are very good, superb renditions of the original even though it is evident both have their strengths and weaknesses?Unless there are mercenary considerations getting in the way that is...Fermin - fsadventures.net][/b

Can EITHER be integrated to work with the existing VOR, ADF and autopilot on your panels?From all I see about them, NEITHER can do so (with RXP providing a custom VOR gauge as a make-do).Unless and until this is possible without any manual hacking into panel configs (and at this time it seems even with hacking it's impossible), I think I'll stay on the sidelines as far as these products are concerned.

>Why can't we take a balanced position and just recognise >that both products are very good, superb renditions of the >original even though it is evident both have their strengths >and weaknesses? I agree, both are good products. Both have problems and one can discuss for ages the module versus gauge approach. Some people will prefer the panel integration some the two computer possibility. But they aren't static products and let's see who can solve the remaing problems.Jos

Agreed, both products have their pluses and minuses. I'm tired of specific folks who go around trashing a product, especially when they DON'T EVEN OWN IT. I have no problem, as I'm sure others feel the same way, to talk up a product, but don't denigrate someone else's work. I equate Michael's behavior to trolling.Regards,Bob LPS - I own both products.

Guest gasebah

Ahem, I am not aware that the MS GPS can. Or am I missing something. So right now the included VOR from RealityXP is the best solution available. I also rcvd information that the Coyote Sandel SN3308 will be compatible within a few weeks. That wil be a great package. Until then maybe someone can enlighten me where the FSGarmin has an edge over the RealityXP solution, except that it is a module and someone considers that as an advantage.BTW I have both versions FSAvionics' and RealityXP. So no hidden agenda here.Alex

The MS radios interface with the VOR and ADF, and the MS GPS does so with the autopilot.The real 530 also interfaces with real VOR, ADF and autopilot b.t.w. so...